Unfortunate turn of events

Dom's POV
........
Why is my luck so bad, I mean, it would have been fine as I'm beating Misty and Megan as they have worse hands then mine, but I have a right mix of cards, three jacks, what am I going to do ?, a royal flush is out of the question, I know I lost, the new problem is who wins this game, Blazette, Charlotte and Winter, I'm know for a fact that 'something' is going to happen, still, I don't mind any action, it's been a while.

Winter, Charlotte and Blazette smile at the same time, Charlotte reveals her cards, 3 Kings, Winter has 3 aces, but then Blazette throws her cards, revealing a royal flush, "so I win, haha" she said, then chills.

"Well, I believe we should pay up" said Misty, they all hand in what they owe, whether it being a lot of Ghast tears, magma cream and gold, then I just saluted, "I am at your disposal, ma'am, deploy me as you will" I say, she blushed slightly, "we better head back now, I'll thing of anything you can do later" she said, I nodded and got dressed, after about a few minutes, we set off again.
"So Blazette, what will you make him do ?" Asked Winter, I pretended not to listen, "well, I-I don't know, I may... You know... See what he can do" she said, it was quiet, but I heard her, "but I don't know about it, I don't really want to force him onto anything, especially after what I did" she added, "miss Blazette, I thought we spoke about this, that was the past, nothing will change it, but the future can make anything better, besides, I'm not dead or chained to a wall so I'm fine, and I'll do as you ask, I'm not bothered by what task you'll give me, but I have a feeling on what you would ask of me" I said, she blushed, "but it was my fault and...." She started but I cut her off, "but if I remember correctly, Winter cut me and was about to stab me, I'm sure everyone hit me at some point, if I have kept the grudges I have against everyone, I would have killed a lot of people, including my chain of command, but hate takes to much time and isn't worth it in the end" I say.

She smiles, "OK, I wouldn't blame myself, but if we do something you don't want to do, then tell me" she said, "OK, but it I don't do things I don't like, then I can't be a soldier, and also... The job wouldn't be any fun" I said, getting a few giggle, we head back to the fortress, only to see it being attacked but mobs, but these nether mobs looked different, "feral mobs, they are attacking the fortress" said Winter, tightening her grip on her sword.

The walls were smashed and on fire, a lot of blazes and Ghast were dead, pigmen were fighting these other pigmen, who looked... Different, it was easy to tell which ones were feral. I raised my rifle, "we need to move, NOW !" I say, then fixed bayonet.

"We can head to the portal, a three of the Ghast came to us, "quickly, get on, we will head to the portal" said Charlotte, we got on and moved, Winter, Charlotte got on one, Misty and Megan on a second one, and me and Blazette on the third, "let's go" I said, and we were almost out of there, but feral Ghast came after us, we a few blazes shooting at us and even a couple of wither skeletons and pigmen, we were in sight of the portal and the others were already there, but the Ghast was hit and it crashed into the ground, I was thrown into a wall, I got up and stumbled, I see Blazette on the ground, she is crawling to me, I see a pigman behind her, sword raised up to strike her, I aimed and fired, it fell back, I see more come to us and I fired my rifle on automatic, "Come get some" I shouted, sparing a couple of blazes and skeletons, I then see Blazette looking at me, "come on" I say, carrying her bridal style, I looked on, flaming rods shoot by me, but I'm unphased by them, I saw the portal and kept running.

"Leave me, you'll never make it" she said, I see her friends waiting for me, they are watching us now, I see the two Ghast fight the feral Ghast, "no, you'll be coming with me, even if I have to drag you to the portal" I say, I saw one of my smoke grenades, "hey, get that thing there, and pull the pin, then throw it behind us" I say, Blazette does what I tell her to, and the smoke amazed her, "what's that going to do to them ?" She asked, "blind them so that we can escape" I say, I got to the portal the second a rod hits my arm, "aaagh, shit" I swore,  "what is it ?" She asked, sounding surprised and scared, "it's... It's nothing" I say, I'm at the portal, I nodded to the girls and they jump through the portal, I see a few of Winters wither skeletons and Blazette's blazes surround the portal, a few of the Ghast fly overhead and pigmen charge the ferals.

I jump through the portal and land on the other side, "quickly, find the others" I say, and one of Sarah's Skeletons run to get the princesses, after a couple of moments, Sarah, Cupa and Silk come into the room, "what happened ?" Sarah asked, "the fortress was attacked by ferals, we weren't at the fortress at the time and returned during the battle, up we used Ghast to get away but the Ghast that had Dom and Blazette was shot down, Dom thought off the Feral wither Skeletons and blazes, then grabbed her and carried her to the portal" said Winter, "well, that's useful to know, "thanks for saving her" said Silk, "anytime, your highness" I say, then Cupa says "DOM ! YOUR ARM ?!" She scream, I looked down and saw a burn on it, lucky,mi wore my PT shirt and not my MTP Shirt, or that would have burned into my arm, "damn, I'll get it checked later, but firstly, i think Blazette needs her leg to be seen to, then we will assess my injuries" I say, "doesn't it hurt ?" Asked Misty, "no, not yet, when I was fighting, my body released a hormone called Adrenaline, released when our body detects danger or if we fight, lessens pain and speeds our heart rate, but doesn't last long, but I relied on my training to get Blazette out of there" I say, "no, Cupa, check his wounds, I'll see to Blazette" said Sarah, Silk took the others away to another room, I wonder where Kyle is.