Songs

Dom's POV

As Pats, Kyle and myself moved to the back of the stage, Heroinbrine said she would meet us there after getting a drink from the tables.

When we got there, I turned to the boys, "so what is happening ?" Asked pats, "well, the princesses have asked me to sing, at first I did object, saying I can't sing... But they didn't buy it and said I must get on stage and sing, it can be any song, so I got you two, as you can help me with this" I said.

"Why us ?" Asked Kyle, "I mean, I know it's easier, but did you really have to bring us here, Pats was enjoying himself on the balcony, and I was feeling fine with Endy... Mostly" he added, looking at the closed curtains.

"Well, if I failed, we all pay for it" I said, "how ?" Asked Kyle.

"Well... Hall of women. Three guys. Look between the two till you get the answer" I said, crossing my arms, "what do you mean hall of women and three guys... Oh, OH ?!" Kyke asked, as he finally seems to see what I meant.

"They wouldn't... Would they ?" Pats asked, as he seemed to get it the same time as Kyle.

"That's what the queens said, and with permission and approval from most of the princesses" I replied, remembering the questions I asked as I was informed, this was the same way I acted when I was too the first time.

"They are joking, aren't they ?" Asked Pats, giving a brief smile, "I don't know, but would you take that chance ?" Kyle said, I nodded, "never leave it to chance, because life loves to fuck with you" I added.

"So would they" Kyle said, pointing his thumb at the curtains, to the crowds that's good behind them, from most of the talking, I guess most don't know about what we are going to do yet.
"But how can we pull off any music, I'm good with keyboard, and drums, but nothing's here seems good enough for me to use" said Pats, but the sound of a throat being cleared made us look to Heroinbrine, "I can help.." She said and clicked her fingers, in a corner, was a set of drums, a keyboard, two acoustic guitars, to electric guitars and a bass.

Kyle whistled, "now that's more of my style" he said, then he turned to heroinbrine, "can we get some sweet speakers,and mic's, Please princess" he said, and kissed her hand, she blushed, "o-oh, yes" she said, and in a flash, some new speakers, hooked up to  a battery, with wires to connect our instruments on the side, I bowed my head "thank you princess" I said, and we took the speakers and set them up. As we did, there was on more flash, our clothes were changed to something more comfortable.

I wore a white tank top with black trousers, revealing my tattoo on my arm, 'never broken, never unspoken' it said, and was inspired by a song I heard a while ago.
I was surprised that no one saw it before, but shrugged it off.

Kyle was in a black, short sleeved shirt with dark blue trousers, he had a snipers tattoo on his left arm,of a bullet with a Pair of dogtags around it, a small sentence arched over the top of the tattoo, saying 'One shot, One kill'.

Pats was in a white shirt like mine, but grey trousers, on both of his arms was tribal tattoos and on his right shoulder, I could see the bottom of a tattoo, looked like a marine symbol from the Second World War.

It was also clear that these shirts were a little tight, and showed the outline of our muscles, and our arms seemed to widen the end of the sleeves.

I looked back at my arm, and smiled, "I know what song we should play" I said, "which one ?" Asked Pats, "We Are Soldiers, by Otherwise, listened to it back at Bastion during Op Herrick 12" I said, "I remember that song, I guess we can do it" said Kyle, "I heard it from a friend when I was about to go on patrol, I think I can help" said Pats.

"Perfect..."

......................

Third person POV

The queens waited for the music, they felt guilty for saying they'd make the three soldiers do anything to the women in the hall, but that was the only way to get them to sing.

The rest of the crowd, barring the princesses, Heroinbrine and a small amount of the other ladies, knew nothing of what was about to come.
"I'm looking forward to seeing this" said Blazette, "why ?, what's happening ?" Asked princess Skelly and Cupa, "because the boys are about to sing, But I wonder what they would sing" said Blazette, and she told the what the queens said to the boys, "they really believed that ?" Asked Cupa, "who said they were joking ?" Replied Winter.

"What ?!" Skelly and Cupa said.

Just then, a loud voice sounded through the hall.

"Ladies, princesses, and their majesties, we, the princesses personal guards, would like to present our song, We Are Soldiers"

The curtains part and show the boys, Pats sat on the Keyboard, and started up with the drums, and played the first few notes, a mic sat to his front, Kyle stood behind a mic with a black electric guitar, and Dom was there with a red bass guitar.

Dom starts up the guitar notes, and Kyle follows on....

Dom : It's time to strap our boots on
This is a perfect day to die
Wipe the blood out of our eyes

Kyle : In this life there's no surrender
There's nothing left for us to do
Find the strength to see this through

Dom, Kyle, Pats : We are the ones who will never be broken
With our final breath
We'll fight to the death
We are soldiers, we are soldiers
Woah woah woah whoa
We are soldiers

Pats : I stand here right beside you
Tonight we're fighting for our lives
Let me hear your battle cry
Your battle cry

Dom : We are the ones who will never be broken
With our final breath
We'll fight to the death
We are soldiers, we are soldiers

Pats : We are the ones who will not go unspoken (not go unspoken)
No, we will not sleep
We are not sheep
We are soldiers, we are soldiers
Kyle : Yeah

Dom : We stand shoulder to shoulder
We stand shoulder to shoulder
You can't erase us
You'll just have to face us

Kyle, Pats : We stand shoulder to shoulder
We stand shoulder to shoulder
You can't erase us
You'll just have to face us

Kyle : We are the ones who will never be broken (never be broken)
With our final breath
We'll fight to the death
We are soldiers, we are soldiers

Dom, Kyle and Pats : We are the ones who will not go unspoken (not go unspoken)
No, we will not sleep
We are not sheep
We are soldiers, we are soldiers
Yeah
Woah woah woah whoa
We are soldiers
Woah woah woah whoa
We are soldiers
Woah woah woah whoa
We are soldiers......

...........

Hall the is silent, as the boys stand there, Dom looks back to Kyle, who shrugs in response, just then, clapping could be heard, coming from Heroinbrine, soon others followed, then the whole of the hall was clapping,the three took a bow and left the stage, Kyle being the last to leave threw his hand in to the air, then walked off stage with the others.