Reminiscent in the calm before the storm

Dom's POV

(18 months after the dance)

I sat on the seat of the Vietnam-Era chopper, Kyle flew the chopper as Wither was his co-pilot, Ikiaki and Pats manned the two M60s, keeping watch for anything unexpected, Evan and Dallas sat with to me on the seats.

I held the Barrel of my SA80 and Let the butt of the weapon rest on the floor, my head resting on the tip of the barrel, Evans clutched his MP5k in his hands, and Dallas, who was opposite me just laid his M4A1 cross his knees.

Apart from the chopper engines, the Helicopter was deadly quiet, no man dared to speak, none of us knew what to say, as we headed to our destination... The fortifications we made on a hill, that raised out of the deepest and widest Chasm, that We have ever seen, and stretches several thousand miles, but there were two bridges, one connected on the north side to the hill/island thing that was in the middle of the chasm, and a second was behind it, connecting it to the south and this was making travel over the Chasm possible.

The place was "Columnae". A sacred place that is now a point in a big battle to come. (anyone tell me want that word in English is, winner gets a cookie)

It connected the North to the South...

And the ferals were going to cross it, with their entire army to fight the royals, now I know what your saying, he why not boobytrap the bridge or drop it into the chasm, well, 1. They was important to the out laying villages, who need supplies.
2. They are very, very strong bridges.
3. They are basically relics of a time long passed, and we don't know what stone they are made out of.... So yeah. Its out of the question.

As we flew, I couldn't help but think back....

Third person POV
(After the dance)

Due to the new arrivals, the Queens had to assign them to a princess or two for them to guard, even if it's in a castle, as to keep them out of trouble, after being looked at by all the princesses, first in the group was Ikaika, who relieved himself of most of his equipment, barring his sidearm, and combat knife.

Dallas retook his previous statement, saying "I take back what I said, I think I'll love this job... But I feel like a slave or a bag of meat in a store window", smirking at his joke, Evans added, "I hope the pay is monthly, I'm not cheap".
Ikaika said "they like my deal, all these weapons, and my skills, it's much better to blowing things up, after all, who wouldn't want the big guy ?". He stretched his arms.

Evans replied, "it's not the size and quantity that they like, they want the quality and trust me, I know the right techniques to get a job done". All the lads laughed, Dom even smirked, "I know this seems weird, but it's the only way to get you guys a job" he said.

Ikaika nodded, as the princesses moved to the boys one at a time, to choose which one they wanted to guard them, even if it was till the men go home, but they hoped for other things too
As princess Zoe stood towards him with a calm smile, and Princess Weiss stood next to her, "I expect good things from you" she said smiling.

Evans went back to looking over his armoured gloves, he's mind went back to what he had done to get here... The mission that went horribly wrong as....
His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of two pairs of feet coming towards him, the heavy footsteps of The iron golem princes, Iris, and her "sister" Snowy, the snow golem princess, who left a small a faint trail of snowy footsteps as she walked.

"It appears that I am at your service, your majesties, what may I do for two pretty princesses like yourselves ?" He said, with a small smile and cheery voice.
They blushed, rather lightly and Iris said "I'd like town see what use you can be to use, if you are really as good as you claim, you have nothing to worry about" and snowy gave a cute smile.

Dallas, being the nice guy he was, looked at the remaining princesses, knowing his time would come where he would like Kyle or Dom... Getting raped by there seems beautiful women a lot.... Decided to role with it 'nothing I can't do about it, man the things I go through for my country, hard life' he thought, the last two parts were sarcastic to a small degree, he wasn't complaining about this yet, but didn't like the method he was given to the princesses.

"I was informed that you are a healer, it that true ?" Asked Whitney, the princess of the witches, "that's one way to put it, I'm a Medic, 6th medical battalion, 501st field medical brigade. I can deal with most casualties, I can assist and give life saving Aid to soldier who are wounded in combat, from sprains and breaks, to simple stab and gunshot wounds, even dismembered and separated limbs" he said.

"Don't you use potions to regenerate and heal ?" She asked, interested in why he didn't mention anything about healing. "Potions ?, not in the slightest, we don't have that in our world, we do it by hand, bandages and painkillers, tourniquets are used to stem blood flow and blood transfusions in the field are needed, even did surgery in the middle of a battle to patch one of his arteries and keep his intestines inside his body, I'm not afraid of blood, or getting my hands dirty to save another, but you can't save them all..." He went silent after that, most of the women were shocked about the brutal methods of helping the wounded that the man had to do.

"I'll like you to be my escort" said Silk, princess of the spiders, "and I want to learn how you use your skills and knowledge, so I'll also like to be your charge" said Whitney, Dallas closed his eyes and nodded, saying no more.

Simone the princess of the slimes (she looks like the oldest slime) looked at Pats, "you will have a third charge, given is Sarah agrees" she said and looked to the skeleton princess, who smiled and nodded. Pats rubbed the back of his neck and gave a nervous smile.

Wither was left, as were two princesses, Victoria the princess of the villagers and Seres, the cave spider princess. He nodded to them and actually smiled.
"Looks like you two are stuck with me, don't worry, I don't bite... Too much" he joked.

Dom clapped his hand, and the whole hall lit up in cheer, the four new members of the Royal elite guard were granted honours and and enjoyed the rest of the night with no trouble... And got to know the princesses they were sworn to protect, this was a good way to finish the night.

Back to present time.....

Dom smiles at the memory of that night, listening to the sound of the chopper and the wind, he thought on. Knowing the pat the next weeks were fun, no doubt that the lads where thinking about them, but all good things need to come to an end, and it did Several weeks ago........