Chapter 13

"What's going on, guys?" Dre asked, sat down in front of Kim with a bagel and a bottle of apple juice, grinning from ear to ear. Both she and Megumi was sitting in the crowded cafeteria, waiting for the first bell of the school day to ring.

They both waved at him. "What's got you so happy?" Megumi asked.

"Samantha," Dre smiled. "I was finally able to tell her off."

Megumi applauded. "Finally built up the courage to give that girl what she needed, huh? You should be proud. So, what's the status between you two now?"

"Donno yet. That's what worries me," he said as his smile began to disappear. "God knows I don't want to be with her, but I don't know what to do after that. I've been single all of my life, and it sucks."

"It's better than being with someone that you don't want to." Megumi said. She grinned as she looked at Kim. "Besides, it's not like there isn't anyone else who doesn't want to date you. Right, Kim?"

Kim squeaked before she looked down at her half eaten bagel.

"I suppose so. Are you okay, Kimmy? You look a little... red," Dre asked as he turned his attention to Kim.

"M-me? Oh, I'm fine, Ke'Undre." She averted her eyes as she took a drink from her apple juice.

She glanced at Dre, flinching as he leaned across the table, his head tilted in confusion. His eyes were glued to hers. They gleamed in the sunlight, as if they were made of garnet. "What is it?" she asked hesitantly, feeling herself grow more and more red.

"Do I need to call the police on you, Dre?" Michael had said as he sat down beside Dre. Keiko took a seat beside him, greeting everyone in her usual manner. Kim couldn't have been any gladder that Michael showed up as Dre glared at him. She exhaled a breath that she didn't know she was holding.

"What do you mean by that?" Dre asked.

"You look like you're getting ready to kidnap Kim. Or probably something worse."

Dre scowled, then shook his head. "Nope. I'm not gonna let you take away my joy."

"What happened?" Keiko asked.

"I finally broke the spell that Samantha had on me," he told her with a big smile.

"So, in other words, you finally grew a pair," Michael remarked before he drank out of his milk carton.

The team laughed at him as Dre glowered at him.

~~~~~

The school day seemed to zip by. Confusion had still swept over Samantha. She sat against her car, waiting for Dre. I don't understand why my power isn't strong enough to control one person. No, not just one person. He's the only person who I wasn't able to control. The more she thought about it, the more it infuriated her. He's been under my control for so long. Why is this this time any different? She shook her head. I have to try again. If I'm still not able to control him, then he is no longer useful to me.

Dre appeared out of the exit door seconds later. She could tell by his grim look that she still had little to no control of him. That was about to change. It had to.

"So, I take it you still want to take me home." He gave a small smile.

She glared at him with her arms folded across her chest. If I'm going to do this, I must do it now. She closed her eyes and began vocalizing the Carol of Lust. She focused all of her power into her words, making her voice as sensual as possible. She tried her best to ignore the twang of irritation flowing through her.