Chapter 56

"Ke'Undre Wolf fun fact: I've actually never been to a museum."

"Really?" Kimmy asked, taken aback as they, along with a handful of fellow students, walked through the parking lot towards the main building of the high school. They marched up cement flight of stairs in front of the cafeteria as Kimmy asked, "And you've lived here for how long?"

"All my life."

"Wow. You've never even been to the science museum in Hot Springs? I must have gone there about-" she cut herself off to start counting off her fingers.

"Okay, no need to rub it in," he groaned. "After seeing the 'museum-'" he used exaggerated quotation marks with his fingers, "in the city, I thought that just about all museums were that size."

"Kim laughed. "Are you serious? Have you never seen the huge museums on TV? Those places are almost as big as Prescott itself."

"You're... You're joking, right?"

She shook her head as the group of students behind them gave an awe-struck gasp. Parked in front of the maroon cement PHS sign was a pure white limo with deep tinted windows. A golden grill shone in the sunlight. "Dude, that's a freaking limo," one of the students said in a low voice.

For a while, nothing seemed to happen. It was as if the person inside deliberately waited until everyone's curiosity peaked before they showed themselves. Dre and Kimmy, however, already knew whose limousine it was. The question was why Rose decided to come to the school.

The driver's door opened and an older woman wearing a white tuxedo with a green vest walked around to the back end of the car, her silvery-blonde hair tied into a ponytail. Dre gulped in anticipation that Rose would rush to him, tear-stricken as she informed him of Aggaron attacking Ian. Instead, to Dre's surprise, Keiko hopped out and ran to the cement sign, smiling wide; Michael, to Francesca's displeasure, calmly exited on the other side. He turned and said something to Francesca, who nodded before reentering the car as he walked towards Keiko.

And then the rumors began.

"Devil Boy is rich?" one of the students whispered.

"He can't be," another student said. "I heard that he and that girl are orphans."

"They must've been adopted by a rich tycoon."

"Who'd want to adopt a devil worshipper?"

That one struck a nerve.

Dre spun on one foot, his fist balled tightly with negative intentions. Snarling, he turned to the student, a tall, darker student with an extremely short haircut, his fist homing towards the student like a wrecking ball freefalling from space. Before he was able to break the speaker's face, he felt a hand grip his wrist, stopping it within inches of the boy's nose. A towering shadow stood beside him, his grip so tight that Dre would be surprised to be able to budge his arm. "Don't waste your time with them," Michael said, sounding angrier than usual. "Idiots like these won't learn a lesson."

"Michael?" Dre breathed as the small group of students, now noticing Michael, collectively gasped. He looked down the hill, where both he and Keiko were dropped off. Only Keiko stood by the sign, looking around for Michael, perplexed. But that's more than twenty feet away, Dre thought as the group yelled.

"He's a freaking demon! I told ya'll!" he managed to hear from one of the retreating students. Michael scowled as he released Dre's hand.

"H-how did you get here so fast?" Kimmy asked, looking as if she'd just noticed Michael. Keiko rushed up the hill towards them.