Chapter 100

It was finally time. The team wasted no time in getting to the academy for their last day as Apprentices. After they descended in front of the school, Dre, Kim, Keiko, Michael, and Megumi all sprinted past the golden gates, through the academy's foyer, and into the cafeteria. The rows of tables were filled with the reds, greens, blues, tans, and whites of the Apprentices' tunics. They talked among themselves, making the wide room explode with voices. Dre was surprised that they weren't the first people there. They all slid into the only open seats available.

"Man, I can't wait for us to finally drop the Apprentice title," Megumi said. "Just think of all of the adventures we're gonna have."

"You mean before or after we get done with cleaning up the school," Michael stated with a frown. "I didn't even fight."

"At least we're all going to do it together," Keiko said as Toney took the stage.

The students all quieted down as Toney looked out towards them, smiling. Behind him were rows of Voyager-Level Journeymen, each of them in a black chest plate, a cape flowing behind each of them. He could picked out both Loyalty and Sakura standing hand in hand. "Well, my little apprentice, the time is finally here. After eight long months, we've finally made it to graduation day. All of those months ago, you were still saplings, thrust into a world that you knew not existed. Unlike how graduation is done on Earth, on Amity, you will not only receive a diploma as proof of your graduation, you will also receive one of these." He held up a black chest plate, trimmed with gold. The cape billowing behind was black on the outside. The inside looked to be silver, though the others circling the many other Journeymen were of different colors. "These plates are the symbol of your pride. There are your letter-men jackets. Your trophies. You'll wear these pieces of armor as you would wear a tuxedo. Wear them with pride.

"Now, on the future. Though you all are graduating, keep in mind that you still have a ways to go before you can truly defend yourselves with your elemancy. Those of you who do not want to fight will either have the choice to return back to Earth and live out your lives as Humans, or you can remain on Amity and live your lives as an Amian civilian. If you decide to go back to Earth, remember that you cannot use your elemancy while you are there. Those of you who want to fight will be moved up to Entry-Level Journeymen. At this level, you are not only moving up in your career as a soldier, but you will be able to take part in Entry-Level Journeymen missions. You will also receive compensation from the missions. In addition to this, you'd be free to explore Northern Amity, unless restricted by the Sages, or any other higher power. No matter which you choose, you will not be judged negatively on your decision. And always remember; Amity is your home, and the Amians are your family," Toney concluded with a grin. "Now, once I call your name, please step on stage to receive your chest plate and diploma."

"Here we go," Kim said, smiling. Dre intertwined their fingers under the table, squeezing as they looked on to their fellow Apprentices take the stage to receive their diploma and armor. Dre's heart pounded as he awaited his name to be called. He couldn't believe how far he'd come. From being an everyday nobody from a poor school to being a soldier of an alien world. A campion of an alien race of people. His world. His people. It was dream-like.

He looked to his friends. Megumi. Keiko. Michael. Rose. Katherine. Kamatsu. His brother, Ian. His girlfriend, Kimmy. They all had the same proud and eager faces that he was wearing. Grinning, he turned back to Toney, who shook an Apprentice's hand after they received their diploma and breastplate. "Megumi Gladestone!"

"Hell yeah," Megumi said as she stood, though she didn't look to be any taller than when she was sitting. She made a beeline to the stage, grabbed her diploma and breastplate from Sakura, and jumped into Toney's arms. Dre and his team laughed at Toney's surprised look. She slipped into the breastplate before she strode back to her seat, the black and flame-red cloak swaying with her steps.

"Michael Eagle!" Smirking, Michael stood and walked down the aisle. Dre couldn't help but to grin at the respect he had for Michael. If it wasn't for him protecting him and his team from the onslaught of Edge Walkers, they wouldn't be here now to receive their diplomas. He felt a twinge of guilt for not trusting him during their first few months of knowing each other, despite how much Michael distanced himself from everyone.

He gave a respectful nod to Sakura and Toney before he put on his armor, his cloak fully black. One by one, his team members were called to stage. His heart grew with anticipation after each name. "Kimura Stewart!"

"Congratulations, Kimmy," Dre whispered as she stood.

"You too." She walked down the aisle, her golden-blonde hair dancing with each step. This was it. After she'd received her awards, it'd finally be his turn. His heart felt like it was going to burst.

After she put her armor on and shook Toney's hand, she walked back to the rest of the team. With a smile on his face, Toney began. "Before I give out this final award, I believe that some news to give. Ever since this year has started, the Masters have all been searching fervently for the tenth King of Elements. If you haven't already heard, the King has indeed been found. In fact, he is in this very room. Since he is the champion of the Amian race, his armor is a bit different than the rest. Sakura, if you would." With a nod, Sakura handed Toney a white breastplate, with an all-white cape flowing behind it. Dre gasped as he saw his beautiful armor waiting for him. Toney looked at him, still smirking. "So, if you all wouldn't mind helping me welcome the tenth King of Elements to the next step in his tenure, and the next step into all of your futures. Ke'Undre Wolf!"

Dre stood under a thunderous applause from Apprentices and Journeymen alike. His smile widened as he rushed to the stage. "Congratulations, Dre," Toney said with a pat on the back before handing Dre his armor. He threw it on, feeling the pride of the nine Kings and Queens that fought valiantly before him. It was empowering, wearing the colors that his descendants wore. "Oh, before you go, Dre-" Toney called as Dre moved for his seat.

"Don't tell me I have to make a speech," Dre chuckled.

"Not if you want to, but I think that everyone here wants to see the tenth King's sword."

Dre gave a sheepish chuckle. He hadn't exactly figured out how to awaken the Suscéptor. "Sure." Hiro, if you can hear me, give me a quick lesson.

"Use your will," he heard Hiro say in his head.

"My will, huh," Dre whispered to himself, closing his eyes. At once, the cafeteria erupted in an explosion of collective gasps. Dre opened his eyes, seeing the Suscéptor shining in his hand.

Toney chuckled before he raised an iron goblet above his head. "To the tenth King. Hail to the King!"

"Hail to the King!" Every goblet was raised, every voice booming. Dre held the Suscéptor over his head, his white cloak flowing behind him.

"Hail to the King, baby!"