Chapter 52

"So, that was your seventh member?" Garnet asked, bemused. "I expected him to not be much of a team member, but I didn't think that he'd be so distant."

"He's always been like that," Loyalty said, wiping the blood and dirt off of his face with his shirt.

"It didn't really start until after Sakura and Loyalty started dating," Alisha said as Joel, with a sigh of relief, rushed towards Loyalty and bumped their knuckles together. "I've got to admit, I was in the same boat as Hwan-Jin at first. I really didn't like seeing them two together, mainly because of... well, race." Garnet arched an eyebrow at her, but Alisha continued. "But, I got used to it. It's their lives after all."

"Hwan-Jin didn't see it like that, though," Jeremy stated. "He thought that Sakura belonged to him, and hated Loyalty for stealing what he thought was rightfully his away from him. Ever since then, he's been at Loyalty's throat."

"Aren't you afraid that he'll try to do something drastic?" Garnet asked.

A loud crash sounded off beside them, as Emma and another Avian-siren, with jet-black feathers and golden eyes, moved their fight to the ground.

"It's now or never," Loyalty said under his breath. He placed his hands on the ground as he began to mutter the incantation. "May ta chéria ti̱s Fýsi̱s sfíngo̱ ekeínous enantíon ti̱s." He kept a close watch of both Sirens as they fought, throwing and dodging claws, fists, and feet. Though the blood loss began to sap his energy, Loyalty waited until both feet were on the ground. His eyes flashed once both of the renegade Siren's feet were planted on the ground; he shoved his hands forward, blending his flesh with the cobblestone street and grabbing her bird-like legs with hands made of rock.

Noticing the hands at her legs, the Siren let out an ear-splitting shriek, vigorously vibrating what felt like Loyalty's bones. He cried out as the pain jolted up his arms, but grit his teeth and held on as Sakura hurled two ice daggers at the Siren. It caught the daggers with ease and geared back to throw them back at her until ice quickly flowed from her hands to her shoulders. At once, Emma delivered a massive head-butt, knocking the renegade out cold.

The elements returned back to Sakura and Loyalty as Garnet rushed to Emma's side. "A head-butt? Really?"

"Don't give me that tone. It worked, didn't it?" Emma said as she massaged her forehead.

"Yes, I imagine that head of yours is hard enough to break diamond. I actually feel sorry for her," Garnet said as Emma picked up the unconscious Siren and hurled her onto her shoulders. She gave Garnet a dirty look, who grinned as she waved it off.

They both walked to back to Loyalty's group. "What are you going to do with her?" Jeremy asked.

"I'm taking her back to our territory. Her fate is in Queen Melody's hands now." Emma gasped as a light flashed behind her; the Siren had reverted back into her disguised appearance, a dark-skinned woman with full lips and black, bob-cut hair.

"Wait," Joel said. "Look. Her right shoulder." The group looked over to the renegade's shoulder, where a blood-red tattoo was etched into her skin. "I don't suppose that those types of tattoos are accepted on Serene."

"No." Garnet's eyes were widened with panic. She shook her head. "Tattoos are banned from our planet out of fear of siding with Aggaron."

"You are correct," they heard a young boy's voice call from behind them.

The group quickly turned; the boy stood behind them, his grin stretching across his incredibly pale face. Black, shaggy hair obscured his face from his nose up, and a dark cloak engulfed his body, swaying slowly in the windless air. "Amian and Siren, teaming up. Who would've thought? I'd applaud your allegiance if I could."