Chapter 22

"Come see the Gladestone/Wolf Haunted House?" Ian stated as he read the flyer posted on the foyer walls. "Have your deepest fears come to life? What do you make of this?" he asked Rose, standing to her side.

"I believe that it's some type of Halloween prank from Loyalty and Joel," she said after glancing at the paper.

"What makes you think that?" Rose said nothing, but pointed at the bottom line. Only open for one day only: October 31. 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM. "Oh." He chuckled nervously. "You plan on going?"

"Not exactly. I'm not much of a thrill seeker. What about you?"

"Considering that I ain't intimate with you, my deepest fears have already come to life." He gave a sly smile.

Rose groaned as she walked towards the cafeteria. "Grow up."

Ian followed, where the rest of their team sat waiting for a surprise speech that Toney was supposed to give. The group all greeting them as they made their way towards the table. "Do any of ya'll know what this is supposed to be about?"

"It's most likely about what happened at the school this morning," Michael answered, his eyes focused on his book. "Didn't you hear about it on the news?"

Ian arched a brow. "No. What happened?"

"The remains of an Edge Walker were seen at the school today," Dre answered. "Not only that, but someone caught it on tape earlier, along with an Amian killing it."

"That's not good," Rose said. "Have we been discovered?"

"Nah," Megumi said as she clacked away at her game. "Daddy said that the president was going to cover for us, so we should be good for the most part. Of course, they'll be some people who believe wholeheartedly that what they saw was real, but no one really believes them."

Toney stepped onto the pedestal, calling for slice through the cafeteria. "As I'm sure that you all are aware, an Edge Walker and a fellow Amian was seen on the local news in Arkansas. Normally this wouldn't be as big of a problem, seeing as Edge Walkers have been caught on the news before, but since it was caught at such a close view, we have two things to fear. The first is that the Humans may be at a greater risk that we have earlier anticipated, since Edge Walkers are so close to residential areas. The second is that we have a greater risk at being caught by our Human brethren. I must stress the fact that if we are caught before the Humans are able to warm up to us, it could be catastrophic to both races. For the safety of the Amian race, as well as the Human race, I must urge you all to be cautious of your surroundings. More importantly, I must urge you all to remain safe should anything happen." Add more. And with that, he made his way off of the platform.

"I wonder if that's gonna change things in the school," Kim asked as the Apprentices all stood.

"Hope not," Ian stated. "I'm already busy enough as it is. Oh, did ya'll hear about the haunted house?"

"Haunted house?" Dre asked as they started towards the courtyard.

"Yeah, Joel and Loyalty are supposed to be building some sort of haunted house or something. It's gonna be open on Halloween. Ya'll going?"

"So I can stay up all night, terrified that I'll get possessed in my sleep?" Dre asked. "No, thank you. I've seen the movies; seven teenagers go into a haunted house for a few thrills, next thing they knew a knife wielding maniac comes and kills them one by one."

"K-kill?" Keiko asked as she halted to a stop. "I don't want to die!" she cried.

"Wow, Dre. Are you proud of yourself?" Michael asked as he and Rose fell back to console her.