Epilogue

Thirty years had passed since Dre made first contact with Aggaron. The Earth is destroyed. In order to rouse up Dre into fighting him, Aggaron had taken control of the world leaders and forced each one to launch nuclear strikes at one another. Michael was the only survivor. The Amians revolted on King Dre; the King that failed. The revolution, however, proved to be fruitless, since Dre held the power of the ultimate good and ultimate evil. With the skies reddened from the fury of Dre's failure, he found himself residing in the ruined building of Reiax Academy. Where it all began.

His remaining friends and family tried to defend him, but ultimately they met the same fate as the people that they were supposed to protect. After losing his daughter and wife, Ichi spent the remainder of his life constructing a machine that would distort time and space, making him able to go back in time to prevent the destruction of both planets from happening. He died from exhaustion before he could see his plan come to fruition. The members of the revolution took his machine with a different agenda; kill Dre before he could fail again.

As they prepared themselves to go back in time, a young boy by the name of Kou went over a plan of his own with Dre's only living teammate, Michael. They were both stationed in the basement of the AIA, the Amian Institute of Amita. Over the years, Michael had instructed Kou, who was granted the power to control all elements from the King himself, to read Dre's mind while he slept in order to fully understand why it was imperative to distance himself from the rebels' original plan. He saw a different side of the King than he was used to. Instead of the wrathful, cruel King that he had witness throughout his life, he saw a kind and merciful King, one that always put his friends and family first and defended them with all of his might. Kou didn't believe it. He couldn't. Dre had killed too many people for him to seem as kind as he was in his memories. He let the Earth be destroyed and cast Amity into an era of darkness to take his anger out on his own people. There was no way that the Dre he saw in the King's dreams was the Dre that had actually existed before his lifetime. He clutched the jagged, blood-red ring tied around his neck that had once been the sword of the greater good, the Suscéptor. It pulsed with a dull heat in the palm.

Michael typed away at the keyboard, remembering the input that was in Ichi's notes. Even though he was only forty-six, he appeared much older than he actually was. His hair, or what was left of it, was stone gray, the same color as his aged eyes. His wrinkled, pale skin sagged on over his bones. There was loneliness and pain in his eyes, though whenever Kou asked about it, Michael always tip-toed around the subject. "I'm surprised this old thing still works."

"I don't understand it," Kou said. "Why do you insist on saving the King so much? Can't you see that he's the reason that Earth was destroyed? He's the reason that Amity became hell incarnate."

"He isn't the reason that Earth was destroyed. Aggaron is. He forced Dre to fight him when neither of them were fully prepared to fight. He even went so far as to give Dre an ultimatum for the fate of the worlds, an ultimatum that no one could've accomplished. He was a lone angel, going to battle against Satan himself." Michael gave a tired sigh. "But you're only twelve years old. I don't expect you to be able to fully understand it. Not yet, at least." Kou fell silent as he allowed Michael to continue typing. "Things will be a lot different from how they are now. I'm sure that once you stay there for a while, the warmth of my group will thaw your frozen heart. And as much as I'd like to go in your place, I'm afraid that I don't have the energy to watch over Dre." After typing final key, the machine roared to life. Michael firmly placed his hands on Kou's shoulders. "Remember. Once you go back in time, your name is Murai Hall. Speak with either Raheem Wolf or Toney Gladestone and beg them to put you on Dre's team. If they ask why, say that you became a fan of theirs after you saw them fight in the Emblem of Valor tournament. Your mother and father were killed during the Siren invasion, and that rage you felt unlocked your Amian abilities. Whichever element you chose, make sure that you stick with that element for the rest of the time that you're there. Do not let anyone see you using a different element, nor your Suscéptor. I don't know what kind of effects going back in time will have on the universe, but try not to alter so much that you stop your birth. If you do, then there's a great chance that you'd cease to exist."

"Got it," Kou nodded. He walked towards the door to the machine and stopped, turning towards Michael. "You're putting too much faith in the King. Was my father really so great of a person that you'd be willing to put the universe at jeopardy to save him?"

"Your father was a good man, possibly even the best friend a person could ask for. But this isn't just to save him. It's to save both Amity and Earth. You may not believe it now, but once you go back and meet him, before all of this happened, you see why I have so much faith in him. Now go. Make everything right, before the rebels kill him."

"I-I'll try."

Gulping, Kou took a step forward. The first of many to bring order back to his life, his world.

Hisfamily.