Chapter 32

Pink? Her aura was pink? It couldn't have been, could it? The image of the pink aura swirling around Megumi never left her mind. There had to be something wrong. According to her teacher, pink aura most likely indicates a compassionate, loving, and sensual feeling. There had to be some mistake in that, right?

"Dude, are you alright?" Dre whispered as he shook her. They, along with the rest of the rest of the class, were watching a one-sided duel commence between Jerek and Laisha. "You look like you've been zoned out since you walked in."

Sighing, she ran her fingers through her hair. "Sorry. I just had a lot on my mind."

"Are you going to tell me-"

"No," she coolly interrupted as Jerek crashed to the ground.

"Am I going to have to play the guessing game? Did your puppy get kidnapped? Or, wait, was it-"

"If you keep this up, I will see to it that our duel is next, and I swear to you, I won't hold back."

Dre gulped. "Geez, I was just trying to make you feel better. Sorry for trying to be a good friend." He turned back to the duel, where Jerek clashed swords with Laisha. A dark gray, almost black ribbon flowed out of Laisha's eyes and into Jerek's, who jumped back with a yelp before falling to the ground covering his head with his arms.

"What did I say about using your element, Laisha? That's going to cost you a point," Tiffany said, stone-faced with her arms crossed.

"I apologize. It was on instinct," she said in a low, calm voice. "It won't happen again." She held the sword in a battle-ready position as Jerek worked his way to his feet.

"What the crap, Laisha?" Jerek asked before they rushed towards each other.

Katherine turned to Dre. She felt guilty; it wasn't his fault that she was feeling like this. It was what could be forming with her and Megumi. She sighed. "Look, I'm sorry. I'm just... going through something. Something really confusing. I just found out something that could really affect my friendship. Positively or negatively, I don't know."

"Can I at least have a hint?" Dre asked, not bothering to mask the harsh tone of his voice.

She ignored the harshness. "Well, what would you do if one of your friends had a crush on you, but-"

"You're not telling me that you have a crush on me, are you?" Dre asked, looking disgusted, yet intrigued.

"Don't make me hurt you." His expression quickly changed. She sighed before she continued. "I found out that-" Katherine paused to think of something to say other than "she", "this person likes me by mistake. I wasn't supposed to know. Not like this."

"So what are you going to do?" Dre questioned.

"I don't know. What would you do about this?"

"Eh... If it was me, I'd figure out how I feel about her. Then, I'd talk to her about it. If I like her in that way, then I'd try to take the relationship to the next level. If not, then I'd let her know."

"But what about what other people thinks about it?"

"Screw what other people thinks," he said, a little too loud. The other students turned to him, along with Tiffany, who scowled at him. "Sorry. Daydream."

Tiffany sighed. "Continue, you two," she instructed to Laisha and Jerek.

As the two students continued their skirmish, Dre continued. "Look, all I'm saying is to do what makes you feel good. If you like this person, then go to them. If anyone objects, you verbally kick them in the balls. Never let anyone try to control your love life, or try to tell you that it's wrong."