Chapter 83

The music changed to a slow rock ballad. Kim gasped as her ears perked up. "Oh, I love this song," she lied, using the song as an excuse to dance under the stars with Dre. "Do you want to dance with me?" She stood in front of him, her hand extended.

"I'd love to." He took Kim's hand, allowing her to help him up. Dre placed his hands on the small of her back, his eyes looking up into hers. Kim wrapped her arms around the back of Dre's neck, drawing him closer until she was inches away from him. It was the same way that they were when they were dancing in the prom, but this time they felt... closer somehow. Maybe it was the scenery, or the fact that they've finally began dating.

The music seemed to disappear as they danced, staring at each other's eyes. He gingerly pulled her closer, kissing her on her lips. She melted at the sensation before she pulled him even closer until their bodies connected. She lost track of how long they'd been kissing, and at the moment, she didn't care. However, when they finally pulled away from each other, she noticed that the song was over.

Dre grinned as she looked up at her. "We should probably get back in before Megumi try to find us."

"Good point," she giggled. They turned towards the fences, hand in hand, and immediately stopped once they saw three figures leaning on the fence of the preschool playground, watching them. She could feel Megumi's mischievous grin emanating from her.

"How long have you been there?" Dre questioned.

"The whole time," Megumi called back, mischievousness saturated her voice. "We're about to go to grab a bite to eat. You guys are coming."

"What if we don't want to?" Dre asked.

"Not your choice," Katherine answered.

Dre sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Well, looks like we're being dragged off," Kim said. She looked to Dre, her eyes shining like amber. "Shall we, Ke'Undre?"

Beaming, he took it. "As you wish, m'lady." They both walked through the playground.

"So. Are you guys finally going out?" Megumi asked.

Dre looked at Kim, who simply blushed. "Yep," Dre said, beaming.

"Finally!" Megumi squealed, hi fiving Katherine, who said, "Mission complete." McManus nodded his head with a grin.

"Yeah, yeah," Dre said. "Are you guys ready to go? All of this eavesdropping is making me hungry."

"Sure. Let's get moving," Megumi said, jingling her keys. "See you later, McManus."

"Peace out. Oh, and good job," he added before he turned back to the school.

After eating, Megumi figured it would be a good time to go back home. She decided to drop Dre off first, since his house was the closest. "So, who was right?" Megumi asked, looking at Dre and Kim though the rearview mirror. She probably wouldn't even be able to wedge a piece of paper in between them, considering how close they were sitting.

They both gave an exasperated breath. "You were," they both said for the umpteenth time.

"How long are you going to keep this up?" Dre asked. "I mean, we've already said thank you enough times to say it in our sleep. What more do you want, woman?" he asked with an over exaggerated voice.

"I want you to remember this the next time I have a good idea and you decide not to go through with it," she said over her shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah. Thank God we're on my street," he said once they turned towards Hall Street. The lights in the house were turned off. It was almost midnight, so he figured that everyone was probably asleep.