Chapter 64

After eating, Dre and the girls drove all the way back to Prescott. Dre complained to Megumi about her chiptune music constantly blaring, so after she gave him an icy glare, she changed playlists to her rock collection. Though it seemed impossible, the road trip seemed to get even livelier as they began singing Aerosmith's Love in an Elevator. They all laughed as the song ended, knowing how bad they must have sounded.

"You guys are pretty awesome," Katherine said as they turned off of exit 46 from the interstate. "I should've hung out with you earlier."

"You really should've," Kim said, leaning up to pat Katherine on her shoulder.

Megumi looked over to Kim. "Hey, hey. Click it or ticket."

"Sorry," she hastily said before scooting back into her seat and buckling her seatbelt. "But, yeah, we would've definitely brought you into our group."

"What's this we business- So, what are we doing at your house?" Dre said Kim. "I was thinking we could order some 'za and watch movies."

"That or you could have a house party," Megumi said.

"I wish," Dre said. "I've already tried. Besides after a day like this, relaxing at the house would be awesome."

"It's settled then," Kimmy said with a grin. "I'll go ahead and order the pizza. Is there any specific kind that you want?"

"Pepperoni, of course," Dre said with a smile.

Moments later, the group showed up at Kimmy's house. Both Dre and Kim hopped out and said their goodbyes before rushing into her house. "So, were you able to see anything at lunch?"

"You're really adamant about this," Katherine chuckled as Megumi reversed out of Kim's driveway. "Their future isn't set in stone, though, but I did manage to see them together. They'll have a happy relationship. For the most part, that is."

Megumi inclined an eyebrow. "What do you mean? I figured that they'll be happy together. Don't tell me that I did all of this work for nothing."

"I-it's not that," Katherine assured. "It's their standing. It's still a little hazy, since it was so far ahead, but while there are some that rejoices Dre and Kim's bonding, others, meaning most of the people of Amity, do not. They'll stop at nothing to separate them, some will even go to extremes."

Megumi furrowed her brows. "Why would they do that?"

"I'm not sure. I couldn't see that far ahead." She turned to Megumi. "We'll keep them save though, right?"

Megumi snickered. "We'll keep them safe? Are you the most beautiful woman on Earth and Amity?"

"I suppose so," Katherine said with a nervous smile.

"Then I suppose you answered your own question. Oh wait, I lied." She turned to Katherine with a smile. "I'm the most beautiful woman on Earth and Amity. You can be the second most beautiful."

Katherine gave an over-dramatic gasp as she placed her hand across her chest, feigning shock. "I'm hurt."

"Don't worry. I'll make you feel better when we get at my house."

"And how will you do that?"

Megumi placed a finger over her lips. "It's a secret."

"We've got another Megumi to deal with," Dre said with a sigh. "Katherine may even be more relentless than Megumi." He sat down on the love seat facing the television and rested his chin on his hand. "We probably won't even have any peace of mind for the rest of our lives."