Chapter 25

"Did you two have fun?" Bianka asked with an angry smile, armed with a thick book. Dre was too used to being the target of her book to know what was going to happen next. The hardback book collided with his forehead with a resounding thump.

"No ma'am," Dre sighed as he massaged his head.

"And you, Miss Kim," Bianka said as she turned towards Kim, "I expected better from you." She placed the deadly book back on her desk.

"You aren't going to hit me?" Kim asked, to Dre's confusion.

"I can't. You're too tall. Fall in at attention." Both Dre and Kim rushed to the line of students and placed both hands behind their backs. "As I was saying before, we're going to have a new little lesson. Today, I'm going to introduce you to the next level of pyrokinesis, fira. As you've seen Mister Ke'Undre do time and again, fira is a much hotter version of fire. It's also harder to control, since it requires your focus to flow stronger than your emotion. It's extremely difficult teaching you this, since I can't show you how to control your focus, so I'll try to take you through it step-by-step."

A hand was raised. "Are you going to teach us how to control figara?" one of the students asked.

"Can't," Bianka shrugged. "Figara is completely different than both fire and fira. See, with both fire and fira, you can do because you have some control of both your focus and your emotions. In order to use figra, however, you've got to lose control of both and let them go haywire. The only way that people have been able to do that is to feel hatred. A deep, traumatic hatred. And even if you are able to use it, your body would have to adjust to the intense strain of using so much of your elemental might. It's very rare that a person who does unlock figara actually survives.

"But we've talked about that for long enough," Bianka said in her light-hearted tone. "Let's try to learn fira. Everyone, form a fireball."

Each student cupped their hands and effortlessly conjured a fireball. Even Dre, whose control of fire had improved during the middle of last month. Thanks to Hiro allowing him to absorb more of the King's power, he could even launch fireballs even more easily than fira.

"Okay, now focus on the fire. Imagine it burning brighter than the hottest star."

Dre gave a smug grin as he easily engulfed his fire with the blue flame. Of course, it was easier for Dre, considering that he was more familiar with fira. Dre felt good knowing that he was finally ahead of the class, and not the other way around.

He looked around the room; everyone, save Kimmy and Bianka, shot him a grave look. Each one of them had a fireball at hand that barely looked any lighter than the beginning of class. "Why is it that he's suddenly on top of the class?" a voice had said. Some of the other students chimed in.

"Now, now," Bianka called with a clap of her hands. "All of this animosity is really uncalled for. Some Fire elementals are able to tap into fira easier than they can for fire, though it's very uncommon. Rare, even. I wonder why is that you've been able to control fira so easily."

Dre gulped, causing his flame to waver. Did she already figure out that he was the King? Was it the fira control?

"Maybe I'm just an uncommon person," said Dre with a shrug.

Bianka smiled at him. "You got that right." That was somewhat offensive. "Miss Kim is in your group, right?"

Dre looked over to Kimmy; she perked up at the sound of her name. "Yes ma'am." Where is she going with this?

"Since you're such an amazing fira user-" the sarcasm was overflowing with that comment, "why don't you tutor Kim for a while?"

Dre looked at Kimmy, who blushed by his side.