Chapter 74

"I still can't believe that I was possessed by an Elder Sage," Kim said as the group started towards the main gates of Reiax Academy. "It's kind of spooky if you ask me," she shuddered.

"Dude, it was spooky," Megumi chimed in. "You were, like, hovering off the ground and your eyes were glowing and stuff. Plus, you sounded like a goddess when you spoke. It was crazy."

"Considering that it was the Elder Sage that took control of her," Michael began, "it wouldn't surprise me that she sounded ethereal. It sounds like Tryphosa is some kind of goddess in Amian folklore, though now, I guess it isn't folklore anymore since we've experienced it."

"Do you remember anything while you were being possessed?" Keiko asked.

Kim shook her head. "The only thing that I remember is that Dre and I were back in that weird mirrored world."

"Mirrored world?" Megumi repeated as they stood in waiting for the gates to open.

"Yeah. She's talking about the World Where Titan's Sleep," Dre said. "It's a world that's originally supposed to be just for the King of Elements and Aggaron. Kim was able to go in because she shares a bond with me and she also has the Amyntikós."

"Huh. Sounds both freaky and awesome."

Before they were able to pass through the gates, Chris stopped them, standing in the gatekeeper's shack. "I hope you rug rats weren't thinking of going to class today," he said in his thick English accent.

"What do you mean?" Keiko asked.

"Headmaster Toney personally instructed me to inform you all about the final exams coming up in two months. There are three sections to the test: History test, Elemental Might, and Voyage through the Woods. You're going to love Voyage through the Woods."

"Why do I not like the sounds of that?" Dre groaned.

Chris grinned. "You shouldn't. Though, today you might get a sample of it. There's a special assignment for you all today. Just think of it as your first mission. Your group is going to do one of two things today. One; you're going into the Emblem of Valor program and fighting against a team of our choice. Two, you're going back into the Edge Walker's Forest." The group burst into an outrage. "Hey, don't look at me," he said, shrugging. "I didn't decide this. I'm just relaying the message."

"Just what are we going in there for, anyways?" Michael asked.

"Today? I can't really say. All I know is that it's just a sample of what you have to look forward to. All you're doing is seeing how far you've come since you first got started. You'll probably be in there for ten, twenty minutes tops. But for right now, you're supposed to just go into the cafeteria and wait for your group's name to be called. Since your supervisor is Sakura, you'll be temporarily named Team Kimachi. I can tell you this much. You'll be going to the Emblem of Valor arena first, fighting against Team Akiyama."

"Who's in his team?" Keiko asked.

Chris just simply placed his finger over his lips. "Sakura's waiting for you inside. She'll guide you to the arena." The gates opened.

~~~~~

"Why do I feel like this school's out to kill us?" Ian asked as he leaned against the wall outside of the foyer. He stood with Sakura and Rose, waiting for the rest of his group to show up. He gave a frustrated grunt; he was wanting to retake the Kurai Elite test now that he was more prepared, but now it seems like he'd have to wait even longer.

"They're not trying to kill you all, per se," Sakura reassured. "This is just so you guys won't be afraid when you see any Edge Walkers during your missions."