Chapter 97

Just as Aggaron's blade made contact with Dre, he felt it ricochet off of something metallic. Aggaron's smile vanished as he saw Dre defend himself with the Suscéptor, his head still bowed. "Still have some fight in you..." His voice trailed off as he noticed the sword began to change in his hand. Horrified, he watched as the sword took shape of a katana, the same shape that had killed him so many years ago. Both sword and sheath was made of the same crystal-like material. Even worse, behind the sword, he saw that Dre's hair turning silver.

In fact, he saw that Dre's aura itself began shifting. He began to emit a deadly, educated aura, an aura that he'd been faced with before. Panic flooded his psyche as Dre's head slowly raised, revealing a pair of furious and luminescent, red eyes. "This can't be."

"It is." Dre rose to his feet, his voice unlike the same Dre that he'd been fighting. He yanked the sword from its sheath and tossed the sheath to the ground. "You've a lot of nerves attacking like this, especially with an unprepared King. I expected nothing less of you. Unfortunately for you, I was caught on a bad day."

"But, you're supposed to be dead," Aggaron growled.

"Oh, I was. But, you see, death did nothing but piss me off. However, since you're so prepared to fight, then come fight me. I still have some unfinished business to finish with you. And with you at such a weakened state, I'm sure you won't last long."

Aggaron laughed. There was no way that Hiro would actually kill him. "I don't answer to idle threats, boy." He pointed an accusing finger at him. "You of all people know what would happen if you killed me before I regained my power. You'd throw the balance between good and evil off, effectively ending reali-" Aggaron was cut off by the Suscéptor slicing through his arm. He looked as his arm fell to the ground, spilling black blood before the flesh evaporated, leaving nothing but bones. Realizing his arm had been severed, he looked up to Hiro. "How dare you."

"The balance between good and evil would've been disrupted if you'd killed Dre anyways. I'd rather disrupt the balance myself than give you the pleasure."

"You're bluffing." Aggaron vaulted backwards as the Suscéptor soared inches from his face. Hiro pounded towards him, the blade prepped to kill. He wasn't bluffing. The man would actually throw the world into chaos before he allowed Aggaron to kill the King. He teleported away from him just before the blade came down on his head. Aggaron growled; things would get more difficult with Hiro interfering. Then again, things would just be more interesting with one of his best friends in his pocket. He smiled in anticipation of what was to come.

Things were only getting started.

~~~~~~

Ichi jerked himself awake. He shuddered as he saw a reality T.V. show playing. Immediately shutting it off, he hopped up from the recliner. It was suspiciously quiet upstairs. He'd hoped that his niece's group wasn't exploring themselves, though that would be hilarious to tell Toney. Laughing to himself, he strode upstairs to the theatre room.

Silence washed over the hall. Now, he was getting concerned. "Hey. Make yourselves decent, you guys," he said as he rapped on the door. He covered his eyes with a hand before opening the door.

Only Keiko, Michael, and Rose sat in the room. Keiko was asleep on Rose's shoulder as Michael scanned through the extensive movie collection. He didn't seem to pay Ichi any attention. Rose looked over to Ichi, looking slightly annoyed. He couldn't hide his grin. "Where's the rest of your group?" Ichi mused.

"Amity," Michael said before Rose could speak. She looked to Michael, betrayed. "What? It's obvious he knows that everyone went to Amity. What kind of babysitter would fall asleep when there's a war going on?"