XIV

Felix

I hated the first change. It was horrible. Greyson changed before me. He'd chase me in wolf form while I ran in terror, unable to shift. For weeks, he could shift and I couldn't.

It was a huge deal to know that Greyson could shift. It meant many things for the pack. First, that we were that much stronger as a group. Second that our parents didn't have to stay human as much. Third, we had a diffident leader if anything were to happen to our parents. Our parents are the leaders, Greyson and I are next up. Since Greyson shifted first, he will be before me in the line of command.

Always Greyson first. Always Greyson and Felix. Never Felix and Greyson. And now that Greyson shifted first, it meant that I was behind him. And only because he's a few minutes older. Our parents decided before we were born that the first twin would be Greyson, a strong name for a potentially strong leader. Then Felix for the second.

The picture that she looked at, the one of me, was just after my first shift. I was hot and sweaty and filled with adrenaline and my parents didn't even bat and eye. Their son had already shifted, who cared about the twin.

My best friend, Jac took the photo, the only one who really cared.

I often wonder what she's doing right now.

Is she happy?

Is she still with Greyson?

Does she miss me?