LXIII

Felix

I threw open the bedroom door as saw Greyson on the bed, covered in blankets. Sleeping. The room was a mess, littered with booze and cigarettes. It smelled horrible. But I didn't give a fuck about any of that. I wanted to speak with my brother.

I grabbed the sheets and pulled them off of my sleeping brother and he cursed. "You son of a bitch!" I grabbed his collar and slammed him against the wall.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, little brother. What's with the name calling?" He held up his hands, all innocent.

"You fucker! You killed him!"

"Killed who?"

He knew exactly who. Who the hell else would I be talking about? My dog? He was trying to buy himself time and it wasn't working because I wasn't putting up with any of his bullshit. I couldn't take his smug ass face and punched him, landing square in the jaw.

Greyson's face turned to rage and he pushed me off, my head knocking against the ground. Greyson's fists connected with my face, only landing in a few hits before I fought back. We fought for a while—for what seemed like hours—when Greyson was pulled off of me and I was pulled back.

"You mother fucker!" Greyson yelled at his captor. "Get the fuck off of me!" I looked up at his pulled his arms out of Ronnie's grip. When'd she get here? And why the hell was she restraining him? It felt like betrayal.

I spat on the ground, bright red staining my teeth. I got out of the grip holding me back, glancing to see Jac. Weird, you'd think she'd go and help Greyson, seeing as she's in his pack and not mine. Greyson pushed past me out of the room.

I followed him into the kitchen, where he grabbed two ice packs, tossing one at me. I sat at the table while he leaned on the counter.

"Now that you've successfully broken my nose, can you chill out and explain why the hell you've broken into my house and assaulted me?"

I help the ice to my face, making sure to keep both eyes clear from obstructions. Hard to do when one of them is already starting to swell shut. "One of my pack members is dead, and I have reason to believe it's your fault."

"I haven't killed any wolf, brother. So I don't see how that can be pinned on me."

I glared at him. "Because of the two girls who were raped and torn to shreds—which you did do—a group of hunters went out searching for the wolf who did it and shot my brother."

"I'm right here, Felix. I'm not shot."

"You're not my brother."

"Oh," Greyson grabbed at his chest where his heart is. "That hurt." He popped a few ibuprofen. "I fail to see how that's my fault."

I stood up, slamming my hands on the table. "Because of your actions one of my own is dead and I will not stand by and do nothing about it!"

"Jac, please don't eavesdrop." Greyson said, leaning his head back.

I looked behind me and in the doorway was Jacqueline. She looked down. "I was just going to tell you that I'm leaving and will be back later."

"Jesus fuck you don't have to tell me about it. Just leave." Greyson said.

"What are you going to do about my deadbrother?" I questioned, curious about Jac. I wanted to get caught back up withher, but now wasn't the right time or place. It may never be.