Chapter 2: Just The Thought

Through the corner of my eye, I saw these four boys standing near the door to the compartment. I won't lie, they looked pretty handsome for boys our age. I didn't know their names, but I pretended as though I couldn't see them. I saw how the smaller one nodded at the rest and left. I thought that, if I couldn't see them, they would all leave. I was dead wrong. The one with the longer hair looked at me and said "Can I have a map? I'm getting lost in your eyes." I looked up at him and he had a smile on his face. I just laughed and he glanced at me in confusion. The funny thing was he didn't even see my eyes.

"How many girls have you said that to before you came here?" I said. He looked speechless as his messy-haired friend laughed. The one who had his face in a book sat down.

I said "I'm Sapphire Evergreen. Nice to meet you. So, what are your names?"

"I'm Sirius Black, but you can call me Siri," the boy with the longer hair said. He winked at me.

"I'm James Potter. And the one stuck in a book there is Remus Lupin." the boy with the messy hair said. I nodded. Sirius also told me that the other boy was Peter Pettigrew. I shuddered at how his name sounded eerie.

The "player" just couldn't stop. "Sapphire, I like that..." he said and winked at me again. I could feel heat creeping up my cheeks as I blushed. I knew that I couldn't give in. He was the kind of guy who could get a girl with the snap of his fingers.

'I'm eleven, not stupid.' I thought. I think I said it out loud because the next thing I know, I was being yelled at and pushed. I felt on the verge of tears. All I did was sit back down and bury my face into my own book. To ignore them.

"OKAY EVERGEEK!" Well. That stung. "I DON'T NEED YOUR SMART MOUTH SO SHUT UP!"

Black growled because all the other compartments are full and the boys stayed. He was sitting next to me and the other two sat across from me. They all saw that I was reading, but Black needed to grab the book out of my hands. 'He just wouldn't stop, would he?' I thought.

I knew exactly why he said what he did. It was pretty obvious. I'm not head over heels for him like every other girl will be in Hogwarts. I smirked at my own thought and Sirius shot me a death glare. I looked away.

We sat in silence, with the occasional talk from the boys. Hogwarts wasn't starting like I expected. I wish we got there already, I sighed. A couple of minutes later, a girl came into the compartment. She plopped on Sirius' lap with crossed legs, giving him a kiss on the cheek. Thankfully, we were getting closer into Hogwarts and I went to change into my robes. Anywhere away from them.