Chapter 28: Not as Planned.

Next morning, I went down to the Great Hall for breakfast. I glanced at the Marauders the whole time, being snapped back to reality occasionally. I wanted put them on the spot. But the more I think about it, the more I think that I'm betraying Opal. They'll ask me how I found this out. And if I tell them Opal's case, Remus....I don't know what he'll do. But the Marauders are capable of many things. I learned that the heard way. I have to figure out another plan to confront them. Great...

I heard Sirius snigger. I slapped his hand.

"I may be thinking, but I'm alert. Stop trying to steal my food and get your own!" I said, a little annoyed, rolling my eyes.

"Fine." He said, confused.

"Sorry, Sirius." I gave him a look of hurt. "This isn't my day." He nodded in understanding. I smiled. Did he really have to go through hurting me for us to be together?

"Let's go to Transfigurations?" I asked Lily and Opal, who seemed to be socializing intently with James and Remus. I turned to Sirius. "Shall we?" He chuckled and nodded. I skipped to Transfigurations as he tried catching up behind me. We seemed to come before anyone else, a first for the both of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a whole day of classes and dinner, we all walked to the Common Room. When Lily, Opal, and I went to our room, I changed into my pajamas and sat near the window while they got ready to sleep. When I already noticed them doze off, I curled up in a ball and stared out of the window. l looked to the sky, just thinking.
I thought about how the full moon will be in a week, about Remus. Then, about the two dreams I had. I thought about what would happen if they came true, but they couldn't. They were just dreams. I found that if they do occur, the negative effects outweigh the positive ones by a lot. I crawled into bed and fell asleep, while thinking of ways to confront the Marauders about Remus.