Chapter 19: The Talent

Party time! Although, as much as I try and distract myself, I can't stop thinking about the nightmare. As Lily, Opal, and I walked down to the Common Room, wearing outfits for the occasion (picture), we saw the Marauders going down, too. James was gaping at Lily. Her dress matched her eyes. The same emerald green eyes I saw in my dream. I pray to Merlin that it doesn't come true.

Opal went to Remus and Lily to James, walking happily. Sirius and Peter were walking next to me.

"Don't you have to go snog a girl or something?" I asked Sirius.

"I'm going to the singing night with my friends. Why would I snog a girl now?" he asked.

"Uh...because you're Sirius Black." I said, although it was almost in the form of a question. He rolled his eyes.

"Well, not tonight."

"Wait, w-what about A-angel?" Peter asked. I pointed to Peter, as if to agree with him.

"A-angel? We uh...w-we broke up." Sirius said, scratching the back of his head. I gasped.

"Oh my godric. Does this mean you're available?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yes, yes it does." he winked.

"Nice. Hope you're not running out of girls." I rolled my eyes and kept walking to the Great Hall. Once we got there, the headmaster went up to the podium.

"Welcome!! Would anyone like to go first?" No one. Until Opal walked up to the stage, grabbed the microphone and spoke.

"Hi. This song dedicated to my best friends. Love you."

["You're The Reason" by Victoria Justice]

After she finished and went off the stage, Lily and I hugged her a little too hard.

"Guys...can't....breathe....oxygen....source of life...losing it..." she managed to choke out. We let her out of our grip.

"Thank you. Anyone else?" the headmaster asked. A girl I've never met walked on stage. Later, about three people sung and when that person finished, James grabbed my wrist and dragged me on stage.

"James, let me go. I can walk on stage myself...James!"

"Oh, sorry." he said. I rolled my eyes. Everyone looked at James and I in shock. I would too if I saw a former bully and his former victim on stage together.

"Alright, so we wrote a song for his girlfriend, Lily." I said.

["365 Days" by Leon Thomas ft. Victoria Justice]

As we finished, everyone stared at James. His singing voice was a surprise. I patted his back as we walked off the stage, Lily walked up to him. She hugged him and kissed his cheek. "Thank you, James." she said. She also mouthed 'thank you' to me. I smiled. After some time, Lily decided to sing as well. She sang:

["Tell Me That You Love Me" by Victoria Justice]

Remus was playing the piano. I didn't know he could play. After she finished, James screamed out "I LOVE YOU, LILY!"

"Me too." she said into the microphone. Everyone applauded, including me. They are a cute couple, but if they get married, what if the dream comes true? I became uneasy and walked up on stage to get it off my mind. "I'll sing "I Knew You Were Trouble" by Taylor Swift." I said.

As I finished, Sirius stood there gaping at me, making me uncomfortable yet again. I walked off the stage, grabbing Lily and Opal to talk about my plan. So many people sang, from raps to slow songs. The talent here is amazing. Watching person by person step on stage, I finally saw them walk on stage. 3/4 of the Marauders. This should be good...

["I Found You" by The Wanted]

(Nathan: Sirius, Max: James, Others: Remus)

While they were singing (especially Sirius) almost ever single girl screamed in joy. I admit, they are great, but the screams impaired my ability to hear that greatness. When Sirius had a solo, I thought my eardrums would burst.

When they finally finished, Lily and Opal hugged their boyfriends and told them how wonderful they were. Sirius walked up to me.

"How'd I do?"

"Are you oblivious to the girls screaming for you? Or did your eardrums already burst? Because I think mine did." I said, pointing to my ears.

"But what did you think?"

"You did well, really. You told me you don't sing, liar." I smirked.

"Well, I made an exception."

"Right..." I trailed off, slowly walking to Lily and Opal. The headmaster walked to the stage.

"I guess this concludes our karaoke..." He was cut off by me screaming 'WAIT!!' Everyone snapped their heads toward Lily, Opal, and I walking up the stage. "Sorry. We have another song." I told the headmaster.

"Sure, just another." he agreed.

"So, I found this song. I didn't write it, but Sirius Black did. He didn't think it was very good. Why don't you decide? Here it is." I explained.

["It's Not Christmas Without You" from Victorious]

(Tori: Sapphire, Jade: Opal, Cat: Lily, Andre: Sirius)

"Carolers singing, sleigh bells are ringing. It's that time of year.

Everyone's toasting, chestnuts are roasting. Christmas time is near" I began. Sirius looked up, surprised. As we got into the song, Sirius smiled.

"Well it's Christmas. And I hope you feel it toooo." we sang and I threw Sirius a microphone. He caught it, to my surprise.

"Everyone together sings. Silver Bells and golden rings. But all of it means nothing...." He sang. We finished the song and everyone applauded.

"Thank you, everyone! Good night and I hope to see you all after Christmas break. You can stay here for some time, but I recommend going to bed." Everyone decided to leave besides the Marauders, Lily, Opal and I.

"Hey, you wanna play truth or dare?" Opal asked. We nodded and I smiled nervously.

"Why don't we make it interesting?" James asked. Some Slytherins were leaving the Great Hall. "Hey, Slytherins! Play truth or dare with us, eh?" He screamed. They looked back, whispered something between each other, and came over to us. Bellatrix Black (Sirius's cousin), Narcissa Black (Bellatrix's sister), Regulus Black (Sirius's brother), Lucius Malfoy, Tom Riddle and Severus Snape. That really did make it interesting.