Chapter 58: Train Ride.

Remus couldn't talk. Honestly, no one could. We were all speechless.
"I'm so sorry." Opal muttered again.
"Y-you're leaving?" Remus's voice cracked. I patted him on the back. 
"But, this is our last year." Sirius told her. I respected her decision, of course, but it's too difficult to let a best friend go.
"I know. I'm still going here until Christmas break comes along. Then, I have to leave. I'm going to apparate, with my brother and suitcases, to New York." She explained. Apparate! We're allowed to use magic outside of school now.
"Opal!" I screamed out, louder than I thought. Everyone turned to me, causing me to let out a light laugh. "Sorry. We can apparate and use magic outside of Hogwarts. Why can't you visit us? You can apparate with a snap of a finger and leave the same way. You're a natural, anyway." I said, hopeful. A smile crossed her face.
"Of course!! I hadn't even thought of that. I guess the muggles got to me. Thanks." She let out a laugh and hugged me. I didn't let her go.
"Are...you trying to...kill me....before....I leave?" She managed to gasp out. I almost burst out in laughter, but realized that I would hurt her even more, so I released her.
"I most certainly am not." I protested.
"She is." Everyone else said in unison.
"Wow, thanks." I said in mock anger.
"Aw...I'm sorry." Sirius whined. "Forgive me?" He got closer. Instead of laughing, I kept a serious face and shook my head. "Please?" He pouted, stretching out the word. I kept shaking my head. He turned my head by putting his finger on my chin and smiled before pecking my lips. I couldn't help grinning.
"Forgive me now?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes.
"Fine." I gave in. I didn't even notice that Peter fell asleep. That follower annoys me sometimes.
"Visit us as much as possible, please." Remus asked Opal, going back to the subject. I couldn't blame him. They have been dating for the past two years, and she's leaving. All the way to New York. 
"Of course, Remus." She kissed his cheek and he blushed.

We put the thought of Opal leaving behind us for just a bit. It felt like old times, us joking around and laughing, like everything was going our way. I always wonder what would happen when we leave Hogwarts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We have to throw her a going-away party, maybe in a few weeks." I asked everyone in the Common Room after the feast, while Opal was unpacking.
"A Saturday." The boys all chorused. I raised my eyebrow, smiling.

I nodded, ready to start planning with my fellow Marauders and friends.