Ropal Fluff

A/N: Lol wow it's been so long since I finished the story, but recently I was bored and the girl I based Opal on was begging me to do something like this so I did. This is a very Remus & Opal centered chapter, and it's on New Year's Eve. I made this more true to the books, where James and Lily didn't start going out until 7th year. Also, Sirius and Sapphire were "off" at this point, and it's like the middle of their sixth year (1975-1976 school year). They all stayed at Hogwarts, and this is based off the "Friends" episode with the midnight kiss scene. Anyway, I just wrote this for fun, and for some more insight into Remus' and Opal's characters. Hope you guys like it, idek, lemme know what y'all think! I'm just gonna leave this here.
------

It was New Year's Eve and the party was in full bloom. Sapphire loved New Year's Eve. Most of the kids in Hogwarts were off on break, and the ones that were here were led into the amazingly decorated Great Hall to celebrate the end of the year and the start of the new one. The Hall was surrounded by fake snow, all across the floor and the walls. There was snow enchanted to fall from the ceiling. It was almost as if they were outside, but without the cold. Candles were on every table, with scents made for a cozy winter. The four long tables that normally filled up the hall were pushed to the sides and held food, drinks, and decorations like confetti.

Many wore party hats and danced to the mainly Christmas music that was on. Many continued to stare at the enormous clock that was enchanted to float overhead the staff table, that not only counted down hours and minutes, but seconds, so that counting down until the start of the New Year was precise and easy.

Sapphire walked her way over to a table to eat something and left with a piece of cake on her plate. She made her way to her best friends, Opal and Lily.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked, as a spoonful of cake went in her mouth.

"Nothing new. It's almost midnight," Opal pointed out. Sapphire looked up at the clock. 11:58.

"I can't believe it's almost 1976," Lily said in disbelief, pushing some red hair out of her eyes.

"Me neither. Can you believe we came to Hogwarts like 5 years ago? Now we're leaving in a year," Sapphire said as she threw out the piece of cake in the nearest garbage can.

"It's crazy," Opal said with a scoff of agreement.

Not too far off, the Marauders were laughing as well, and the clock was at 11:59.

"Hey, guys, I really want to kiss Lily at midnight, but no one else is kissing anyone," James announced his dilemma.

Remus looked around the hall for a second and smiled.

"I'll take care of it, mate," he said confidently, and his three friends were slightly worried now.

"You sure?" James asked.

"Yep. Peter, who do you want to kiss at midnight?" Remus asked Peter, who was eating at one of the tables that they were next to.

"Oh, well, you know Mary Macdonald? I mean, I'd like to kiss her, but-"

"Done. Let's find her," Remus said, and without listening to Peter's protests, found Mary.

"Mary, who are you kissing at midnight?" He asked, and she smiled.

"No one, why?"

"Kiss Peter?"

"What?"

"Well, you have to kiss somebody at midnight and considering James and I are already kissing someone, who would you rather kiss, Sirius or Peter?" Remus asked, hopefully.