Chapter 9: The Problem...Every Day.

Sapphire's P.O.V.

        I'm on the train to Hogwarts for my fifth year. Not much to explain. The Marauders have been bullying me ever since I laughed at Black on the first day of Hogwarts. I don't even bother trying to stand up to them. I mutter a 'leave me alone,' already expecting them not to stop. I'm mute around them and I don't fight back. I don't even tell my parents about this. They ask me why I'm so glum or why I have the scratches and bruises. I just answer that I'm fine or I'm just so clumsy.

        On the bright side, Lily's best guy friend, Severus Snape, is now a best friend too. We call him Sev. He's going through almost the same thing I'm going through. Potter mostly picks on him, but all the Marauders gang up on me like I'm some kind of rag doll. I sighed to myself.

"What's wrong, Saph?" Sev asked. He is sitting with Lily, Opal, and me on the train.

"Nothing. I'm just thinking of things." I replied. He nodded. I moved my guitar case a little for more space.

"Wait, Saph...you play guitar?!" Opal asked.

"YEAH, I sing too. And you didn't notice these past four years?" I said, almost screaming.

"NO!! Sing us something." Opal screamed just as loud. I guess it wouldn't hurt to sing in front of my three best friends. I took out my guitar and explained that I wrote this song a few summers ago. (Here's To Us by Victoria Justice)

"Here's to raining on your own parade. Here's to showing up anyway. Here's to us, Here's to us. Here's to-Here's to the Mondays." I finished the song. They clapped as if this was some kind of show. I giggled. As I was putting my guitar away, they showed up.

"Oh lookie. It's Evergeek, Snivellus, my Lily-flower, and Opal!" Potter exclaimed. Lily shot him a death glare. Sev and I looked at each other. We agreed, just by our glances, that these nicknames were getting old. I looked away.

"Where are your manners, Sap? Look at us when we speak to you." Lupin said, angry. 'Ooh, new nickname.' I thought, trying to put my guitar away. Black grabbed my guitar.

"Boys, look! Loser plays guitar!" He was about to throw it at me, causing me to put my hands over my face. Please, no. I begged in my mind.
Surprisingly, he just gave me back my guitar. I looked at him in confusion. Everyone did. I was waiting for a slap, a kick, or any hurtful comment. But it never came. In fact, the Marauders left the compartment.

"Anyone know what that was about?" Lily asked. We shook our heads. "Me neither. Listen, Sapphire, you should sing at Hogwarts sometime!"

"Lily! Are you kidding me? No. How much more of a joke can I be?" I asked in surprise.

"I don't know Saph. I'm with Lily on this one." Sev said. That's not new, he always agrees with her.

"Me too. Think about it." Opal agreed. We just sat in silence for the rest of the train ride. I was thinking to myself. Why didn't he do anything? Why did he just give my guitar back? What game was he playing at?