Chapter 32: A Marauder?

The werewolf lunged at me. I slipped to the side, causing it to miss me. It spotted James, the stag. As it ran for James, I jumped on the werewolf's back. I had no idea what I was doing. It was just an instinct. I began biting into his skin. 'What the hell am I doing?' I thought. The shaggy black dog, Sirius, gaped at me and Peter, in rat form, did the same. As I sunk my teeth into the werewolf's back, he let out a loud howl. Hanging on his back, he started moving, causing me to swing from one direction to the other. Eventually, I let go and fell down onto my back. Ow.
The werewolf turned to me. It swung it's paw, aiming to scratch my stomach, but I quickly turned over and ran to Sirius's side.

I'm a fox! I can outsmart any animal. I am not backing down or it would mean my life. I lunged at the werewolf, pushing it and it fell. I bared my teeth, but the werewolf, who turned to me, did the same. He ran over to Sirius, who pushed the werewolf down. It growled.
The stag rammed his antlers towards the werewolf, who has been pushed to the ground once again. The werewolf grew angrier and glared at me. I stared at it, waiting for its next move. The werewolf jumped onto me, catching me off guard. I yelped in pain as he swung his paw against one of my feet. I felt the searing pain burning my paw.
I kicked it in the stomach with another paw and the wolf growled in pain. Whimpering, I found the courage to stand as I limped to where James was. Sirius, defensive, pushed the werewolf, who stumbled back. Angrier than ever, the werewolf pushed me down. I groaned. He snarled at me, just inches away from hurting me, biting me, or killing me. I whimpered, flailing my paws. I began to hyperventilate and I squeezed my eyes shut.

There was sudden silence. The breath of the werewolf disappeared. My eyes fluttered open. I looked around. The transformation's over. I changed into human form and stood up.

"OW!" I screamed, holding my hand in pain. "Crap." I cursed under my breath. The boys kept staring at me. I cocked my head. "Did something go wrong where I grew two extra heads?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. James laughed.

"No, it's just...where have you been all these years? We've been missing out on your help." He said.

"That was your fault. You decided to bully me for years since I was different..." I trailed off. A look of hurt washed over them. "You could've given me a chance. But, noooo...Sirius needed every girl in Hogwarts to fall for him." I began ranting. "And then, I had one suitcase. Double the reason to bully that innocent girl who-" I was cut off by a pair of warm lips on mine. Sirius. I smiled through the kiss.The others let out whistles, but I didn't care. I noticed we were standing near my tree. Sirius and I began getting into it. It was a deep kiss. Definitely. I seemed to forget the past and focus on the present.

My hand burned in pain. I pulled away.

"OW!" I screamed, realizing that it was bleeding. In fact, I was losing a lot of blood. I saw spots around the area. A glimpse of Sirius caught my eye and everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in a blinding white room. I saw four figures near me. I closed my eyes again, for more relaxation. I heard someone speak.

"I can't take it. What if I hurt her for good? She's been out for a whole day. What if-"

Another voice spoke. "Calm down, Remus. It was just her hand. Poppy will heal her in no time."

"But what if-" Remus said, again cut off.

"Look, Moony. She's strong. Take a deep breath. Inhale, exhale." Another voice reassured him. My eyes fluttered open.

"Oh thank Godric!" Remus gasped, throwing his arms around me. I giggled. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry."

"I'm fine." I looked at him. He nodded. I saw Madame Pomfrey walking by. "Poppy, can I go?"