Chapter 23: Christmas Eve

Standing there, leaning against the door was...Sirius. How did it get to the point where his family disowned him?
"Yeah, yeah, sure. Fine by me." I said, smiling slightly at him. 
"Well, I'll leave you to it, then." My mom said, leaving the room after she made the second bed. He walked in, staring at me. At my clothes, more like, considering how different they were from the all too familiar Hogwarts robes. 
"Saph, you look..." I cut him off.
"Don't say 'hot' unless you want to lose that tongue," I said with a death glare.
"You look nice, then."
"Nice save." I said, rolling my eyes. He chuckled. "So, why are you here? How did you find the house?"
"I was walking last night until I found this house. It says 'Evergreen' under the number so, I took a wild guess." I nodded.
"Why'd they disown you?"
"Regulus told them about our truth or dare." I looked at him in confusion. "The idea of half-bloods and muggle borns around me didn't appeal to them at all.
"Just for that?" I asked.
"Yes. That's my 'family,'" He said, putting quotes around family. I had to get his mind off things. I looked out of the window. The lake near my house is frozen. I smiled.
"Do you want to go ice skating?" I asked.
"I don't have skates." He said. I grabbed his wrist and dragged him downstairs. I let him take my father's skates, wearing larger socks to match the size. We went outside, putting on our ice skates near the lake. Having him fall a couple of times, we walked up to the lake. I held out my hand.
"What?" He asked.
"You clearly need my help. C'mon," I said. He was about to deny it, but he realized that what I said was true. We set foot on the ice and skated on the frozen lake for a few hours and when we got tired, we were getting off the ice. He was getting off and I was walking behind him. He lifted his finger up as he remembered something and turned around, causing him to fall on me. I screeched, my back hurting from falling on the ice.
"WHAT THE HELL, SIRIUS?!"
"Sorry, Saph." He said. I rolled my eyes.
"Get off me, please?" I asked, pouting.
"Not until you kiss me."
"No! Are you mad? Sirius, get off me." I scoffed. He pouted. "Stop it." I tried getting him to move, but it wouldn't work. "Are you serious?" I groaned.
"Yes, I am. And you're Sapphire. I think we've met." He smirked. "So, kiss me?"
"Sirius Orion Black. Get off me this instant! I will not kiss you!" I exclaimed.
"Are you sure?" He said, getting closer to me. This is exactly what he did that day after Lily, Opal, and I came back from Hogsmeade before the Halloween dance. Oh yeah, I'm sure.
"You know what? Maybe I will kiss you." I said. His eyes lit up. He leaned in as I spit in his face. He sat up with his mouth agape. I quickly stood up and changed into my shoes. I laughed as he tried catching up to me. Before I could run into the house, he pulled on my wrist and caused me to fall down again. I made a snow angel. Sirius was about to run into the house, but I tripped him by putting my foot out and he fell next to me, but his head was where my feet were.
After about an hour of looking at clouds, not wanting to get up, we finally went inside when the cold got to us. I checked the time and saw that it was already seven o'clock. After Sirius and I ate dinner, we went to what was now our room. I took off my accessories, lying on my bed. Sirius took off his shoes and lied on his own bed.
"What is that?" He pointed to the scar on my leg.
"A scar." I said.
"Where from?" He inquired.
"Nowhere. Just fell one day." I said, nervously.
"Don't be coy, Sapphire, where is it from?"
"You really want to know?"
"Yes."
"Well, it's from my birthday during the first year."
"What? We did this to you?"
"Yes. You did."