Chapter 35: Never Did. Never Will.

I stormed off, back to my room. Tears threatened to spill. I took a deep breath, deciding to think about something else. I checked the time to see that I only have about three hours left of sleep. Might as well use them wisely. Once my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sapphire? You don't want to miss breakfast, do you?" Opal tried to wake me up, shaking me.

"Leave me alone. We'll have a picnic at the Black Lake." I threw a pillow at her.

"That's a great idea! I'll get the food from the house elf!" Lily beamed.

"Great!" Opal exclaimed.

"Fantastic. Now, please, let me sleep?" I groaned, still refusing to get out of bed.

"Meet you at the Black Lake at around five!" They left the room, to the Great Hall for breakfast. My head fell face-first onto the pillow. I groaned again, feeling anger and regret wash over me.

Severus's P.O.V.

Tom kissed Sapphire yesterday. I cheered him on, going ahead with his schemes. Because I knew. I was the only one that knew, besides Regulus. Tom Riddle fancied Sapphire Evergreen since fourth year. He's been working up the courage to do that for a year now, and she kicked him there.

I-I don't know how I feel about my actions. Should I have cheered him on? Should I have pulled him away? I mean, Black did bully me... But he was my best frie- I mean, ex best friend's boyfriend. You know what? I shouldn't feel guilty.

Walking to the Great Hall with my friends, I caught a glimpse of Lily and Opal. Lily. That name brings back memories. Too bad-because of me-Potter has her and she isn't even my friend anymore.

I also noticed Sapphire didn't go to breakfast. Is she alright? Pft. What do I care? She's nothing anymore... Right?

Sapphire's P.O.V.

I didn't notice how I began crying. Yet another time. Sobbing, as the crying eased, I checked the time. It's already four o'clock. I'm starving...after missing breakfast and lunch. I dragged myself off the bed and decided to take a shower. Slipping off my pajamas, I felt the warm water rush down my back. I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes. After some time, I walked out in a towel and put on a revealing short with shorts and boots. Despite everything, the ritual goes on. I saw that it was already five and I quickly walked to the Black Lake. Lily and Opal already set up a picnic blanket with food and I ran to them.

"Hey!" I waved, plastering a smile on my face. If I wasn't good at hiding emotions, I would probably break down in tears. Looking at them, I saw what they were wearing, and smiled.

"So what should we talk about?" Opal asked, after we ate in silence. Piling food in my mouth, I didn't notice she said anything. They stared at me.

"Huh?" I asked, mouth full. "Oh!" I swallowed. "I don't know, you?"

"Saph...we-you need to talk about what happened. Between you and Sirius." Lily awkwardly said.

"I don't know. I-" I was cut off by a glare from Opal. "Fine." I growled.

"What happened with him?" Opal asked.

"Guys, I don't know! He didn't believe what I told him. He still thinks I kissed Riddle back. And I think..." I paused, knowing it was hard for me to say what I wanted to next. "I think we're done." I felt tears well up in my eyes. Lily and Opal hugged me. I smiled. I will always have my best friends. A few hours passed and I felt way better than when I came here. The three of us caught up and we talked about everything we could have talked about.

While they went to put the trash away, I walked through the halls, heading for the Common Room. Everyone was at dinner by now. I walked past a tapestry, but my eyes widened. I backed up to see what made me so surprised.

Sirius Black and Angel Vare.

The worst was that he was kissing her back.

I should've known. Sirius doesn't care.

Never did. Never will.