Chapter 65: Surprise Visit.

"What happened back there? I heard a scream, but by the time I went, you run out." Sirius asked, worried as we ran out of the house.
"Duck!" I said quickly as a beer bottle flew over our heads and shattered on the sidewalk. I've lost all respect for my angry father, but more respect for my mother.
"Saph, we're safe now. Calm down." Sirius held me in his arms as we reached the porch of James's house. "Sh..don't cry. Don't cry." He said softly, stroking my hair. I relaxed slowly, easing the angry tears. "Sh..." He said once again. I found myself happier in the end, at the thought of how comforting Sirius's arms were and how my body seemed to fall perfectly in his arms.
"Now tell me, Saph, what happened in there?" Sirius sounded so concerned, and I wondered if we'd ever be like my parents. 
"That dark wizard on the rise is named Voldemort, and his followers are known as the Death Eaters," I asked, and he nodded. The name Voldemort brought familiar chills. "My mother died because she turned down the offer to join them." I gulped.
"Your father's alive, so why was he - no, he couldn't!!" He shook his head in disbelief, catching on as I looked down sadly. "He gave in?! What a poor excuse for a man." He asked me, wide-eyed. I nodded softly and he hugged me once more.
"He's not my father anymore. I've got a new family now, one that's better than him." I shrugged and smiled a bit.
"Let's go inside." We stood up from the porch and I wiped away the tears. I opened the front door and we came in.
"Hey, did we miss something?" Sirius nonchalantly asked.
"Remus is staying over for Christmas," James answered from the kitchen. I walked over there, holding Sirius's hand.
"Is this not a hassle for your parents?" I quietly asked James, the word 'parents' now holding too much meaning.
"Nope." He whispered back, beaming.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Day before Hogwarts

Remus's P.O.V.

We were scrambling around in the kitchen, eating lunch, while James's parents were away on business. Considering they're Aurors, this business probably has to do with V-Voldemort. I have trouble saying his name. It gives me the creeps, like James had when Saph told James and I the story of what happened with her former dad. Every time Saph would say his name, James would flinch, as they share a name.

"Remus, what are you thinking about?" Saph asked, biting into her sandwich.
"Hm? Oh, nothing too important." I lied. She looks unconvinced. "Tomorrow we have to go back to Hogwarts." I reminded.
"Oh, yay, school." Sirius said, sarcastically.
I was ready to laugh, but then heard a *pop* in the hallway. I raised my eyebrow. Saph and Sirius glanced at me and I shrugged. We walked over to where we heard the noise.
"I was missing my friends a bit. Thought I'd pop by." A lovely voice said as we came closer. There stood Opal, in www.polyvore.com/opals_first_day_at_work/set?id=76870412, looking as beautiful as she always has.
"Opal!" Saph screamed out and ran to hug her. Opal let out a laugh and hugged Sirius and James, too.
"Hi, Remus. I've missed you." She whispered when she got to me.
"I missed you, too." I told her, smiling. She pecked me on the lips and I smiled, once again. Sapphire, Sirius, and James went back to the kitchen. Opal and I kissed again, deeper this time, and happy with each other, followed them.
"How's New York and the fashion job?" Saph asked, deeply interested.
"New York is lovely. The streets are so busy and beautiful. There are lights everywhere and always. It's amazing. The fashion job is going great. I designed this on my first day." She told us proudly. I stared at her outfit, surprised, her light blue dress complimenting her light green beanie, blue heels, and dark makeup.
"You made this yourself?" I asked, wide-eyed. She nodded and smirked.
"Of course, Remus. She has been talented ever since the first year. She deserved this opportunity." Saph smiled at Opal, who hugged her as she said this.
"Oh, enough about me, what happened here while I was gone?" She asked. Sapphire looked down. "Saph? What's wrong?" Opal asked her.
Saph took a deep breath at first but told Opal all about James Evergreen and his self-preservation.
"No way." Opal said at last. Saph just nodded softly.

To get the tension and silence out of the way, James let out a joke, causing us all to laugh. With Opal, we enjoyed the day before Hogwarts. We didn't think of Hogwarts ending in only 6 months. We just joked around, and by the time Opal left, we all fell asleep, awaiting tomorrow and the train ride back to Hogwarts.