Chapter 29: Confrontation.

A Week Later

        It took a couple of days, but I figured out how I'll confront them. Tonight is the full moon and tonight the plan will take place. After some observations, I figured that they have to go outside during that time. They probably sneak out. I thought about the Shrieking Shack, thinking maybe the howls weren't really spirits at all.

I'm sitting at dinner in the Great Hall, listening to Lily and Opal talk about something they did in Hogsmeade with James and Remus. I zone out at a few moments, and stuff myself with food. I don't care what people think of me. So what if I don't eat very 'lady-like'? I stifled a laugh.

"What's so funny, Saph?" Lils asked. Shoot.

"Just a thought."

"Were you even listening?" Opal raised an eyebrow.

"Um...yeah, of course." I was trying to save myself.

"Riiiight. So what did they say for the past five minutes?" James butted in.

"What did they NOT say?" I said, nervously. "They have been talking about you two forever." I pointed to James and Remus.

"Okaay. But WHAT were we talking about?" Lily asked.

"How you went to Hogsmeade with them and what you did and how amazing it was." I hoped that it was exactly what they were telling me.

"I'm watching you." Opal said, doing that thing with the fingers from me to her eyes. After breakfast ended, we went to class. I wasn't paying attention, still thinking about confronting them. I can't wait for tonight...and to get it over with.
I kept thinking about it. They're like me.

After Dinner

        It's already ten o'clock. 'Strangely,' the boys said they are too tired and want to go to sleep. But Opal and I know what they are up to...except I'm actually going to witness it. I did the same thing I did a week ago. I put on my pajamas and sat near the window while Lily and Opal fell asleep. After an hour passed, I checked if they were asleep, and they were. I slipped on a flowy top and pants, before putting on my coat, quietly. I walked out of the room silently and went to the Common Room. Making sure the coast is clear, I left the Gryffindor house and ran stealthily to the Black Lake. Time to put my plan in action.
I sat up in my tree and waited. After some time, I felt my eyes dropping down, but I heard a sound. My head snapped up. I saw them. The four boys walking toward the Whomping Willow. Peter changed into something small and the Willow froze. I saw them go inside, changing into their Animagus one by one, besides Remus. As I was about to jump of the tree, a thought crossed my head. What if they ask me why I'm here? And how I found out?

I thought it something else. I would wait until after the transformation. That way, I could jump off the tree and face them once they're human, to ask why they didn't tell me. I heard many growls, coughs, and a long, loud howl. I sat a little bit higher in my tree, praying to stay here safe and sound until the end. Clinging to the branch for my life, I watched the fight between the werewolf, rat, stag, and black shaggy dog.

        I tried hard not to fall asleep, or else I might get caught. One time, I had to bury my head in my chest and hide, because I felt that the werewolf saw me. Thankfully, he passed by. I must have taken a nap because when I heard silence and sat up, it was lighter out. I suddenly felt more awake than anything. My head snapped up and my eyes widened.

It's done. I jumped out of the tree, loudly. They turned to me, looking at me with nervousness and fear. They had many wounds and bruises.

"REMUS, YOU'RE A WEREWOLF?!" I screamed, with some fake tears forming.

"I didn't want you to hate me." Remus said, softly. "And I want less people to know so that I don't get expelled from Hogwarts."

"Remus, how could I hate you? This isn't your fault and you're a friend. I won't tell anyone." I said. They nodded.

"We didn't want you to get hurt, that's all." Sirius said.

"Sorry, Saph. We didn't mean to. We're part of our little group for a reason. We are the only ones who know about this." James said. I nodded in understanding. They were about to go to the hospital wing, but I stopped them.

"I'll help you. Come, sit down." I smiled. They sat down and I took out my wand. After about ten minutes, all their wounds healed. There weren't any serious scars.

"So I was wondering if you needed my help on full moons." I said, hopefully.

"No way. Saph, I'd be so guilty if I hurt you." Remus said. "...again." He saw the look on my face.

"Saph, we can't have you hurt. It's too painful to fight a werewolf." Sirius inquired.

"Well, I can make Wolfsbane. And I can help to fight him off." I explained. James barked out a laugh. I raised an eyebrow.

"You cant fight him off. Not in human form." He asked. The guys nodded.

"So, if I was an Animagus, you might let me help you on full moons?" I asked.

"M-maybe. But you aren't an A-a-animagus. W-what diff-f-ference does it m-make then?" Peter said.

They're like me.

"What if I am an Animagus?" I asked, nervously. Time to reveal a huge secret.