Chapter 13: Wow. A Dance?

NOW A WEEK BEFORE HALLOWEEN 

Sapphire's P.O.V.
After that day near the Black Lake, something changed. They still bully me, don't get me wrong. But it's just a push or shove from time to time or some hurtful comment about my appearance. Tiny things compared to before. Black had his head in the clouds for the past few weeks. I didn't think the question I asked left him in that much awe. Ever so often, Potter would ask Lils to go out with him and her answers are always 'NO, NEVER YOU ARROGANT TOE-RAG!' or just a soft 'no,' but rarely she hesitates, which scares me a little. What if they get together? A bully and my best friend. Together?! Hard to believe. I shuddered as I walked to Potions.
"What's wrong, Saph?" Opal asked. I shook my head as if to say 'nevermind.' She shrugged and we all kept walking. Everyone filed into the classroom and sat down in their seats. Slughorn stood in the center of the room with flyers.
"Class is cancelled today. I have to put these up. You have a free period and then go to dinner." He smiled and shooed us off. We left the classroom. Time to finish my book.

Sirius's P.O.V.
Slughorn announced that class was cancelled. Great! Prongs, Moony, Wormtail and I went to the Common Room. We sat on the couch, discussing a prank on Snivellus that we could play. I wasn't listening. I was thinking about Sapphire. I think she was the one who pulled the prank on us, almost sure of it. S.E. stands for Sapphire Evergreen...I think. But enough about that. She asked me a question that day to which I didn't know the answer to. I'm Sirius Black, for crying out loud!! I have an answer for everything. Except this. Why didn't I throw the guitar at her? I had the perfect opportunity, but I didn't do it. Did I pity her? Did I just not want to be responsible for some major injury? Or did I just see Evans near her and if I threw it, it might've hit her, causing Prongs to be very angry at me? Yes. That's probably it. I was protecting Evans. I was snapped back to reality by Moony.
"Earth to Sirius!! Hello? Anyone in there?" Remus said, snapping his fingers. The boys laughed.
"Was Pads thinking about a girl? Impossible. He gets every girl." James said.
"For your information, I was NOT thinking about a girl. And in case you didn't remember, I didn't get Evergeek the first year. Or now, for that matter." I said, with...sadness?! No, that can't be it. I don't even want her.
"That doesn't count. It's a thing. Not a girl." Pettigrew said with a cackle. I chuckled. The guys were about to go to dinner, since free period was ending, but I told them I'll catch up with them later. I lied on the couch.Did I want her? No...I couldn't. Could I? Snapped again to reality, I sat up a little. It was Opal...accompanied by Sap.
"Um...hi. Where's Remus?" Opal asked.
"He, uh, they all left to the Great Hall for dinner, which is where you are heading?" I asked. They nodded. "I'll walk you there." I said.
"Uh...I'm sorry. No thanks." Sapphire said. She gave Opal an apologetic look and left the room. I lend my hand to Opal and she refused, but walked with me anyway. We left the Common Room and to the Great Hall. As soon as we got there, she sat with Sapphire and I sat with my friends.

Sapphire's P.O.V.
I left the Common Room and went to the Great Hall. I was not going to walk with Black. As I got to the Great Hall, I sat down and Opal sat next to me as soon as she came. She told me that they walked in silence. I sighed. Ok, then. I began to pile food on my plate and the headmaster went up to the podium. What will his announcement be?
"Settle down, everyone. I would like to announce that for the first time, we will have a Halloween dance. It will be held on Saturday so half the classes will be cancelled on Friday. You have from today to get what you need, perhaps a date. Thank you." he finished. Everyone started their chatter, about what they will wear or who they will go with. Opal and I glanced at each other and we stood up from out seats.
"Where are you going?" Lils asked.
"Um...we'll be right back." I said, awkwardly. Luckily, she bought it and nodded, turning back to her food. Opal and I went to the Slytherin table.
"SEV!" Opal screamed, loud enough for him to hear. He stood up and walked over to us.
"Yes?" he asked, a tad annoyed.
"Ask Lily!" I said. He was about to deny it, but I cut him off. "Don't deny it, Sev. You know that you like her. Ask her to the dance. Imagine it. You and Lily. Alone. No distractions. Slow dancing..." I trailed off.
"Ok, ok. I will." Opal and I did our little handshake. "I'll ask her as soon as I can." he finished. We went back to the Gryffindor table. Well, Lily now has a date for the dance! And Opal definitely has a date...guys drool all over her. I'll be lucky to go with someone like Pettigrew. Ew. I made my decision. I'm not going to the dance. I'll just be in my room alone that night. Or outside. Sounds good!
I was snapped out of my thoughts by Lupin coming over to where the three of us were sitting. He scratched the back of his head and tapped Opal's shoulder. She turned around and looked at him.
"Hi, Remus. Did you need something?" she asked.
"Um, yeah. Uh...would you like to gotothedancewithme?" he asked, very fast.
"Sorry. I didn't catch that." Opal said cupping her ear.
"I was wondering...if you would like to go to the dance with me." he said, with a hopeful look on his face. She looked at me desperately. I knew she liked him so, why would I stop her? I gave her a thumbs-up. She mouthed a 'thank you' to me.
"Sure, Remus!" she said excitedly. As he went back to sit with the boys, she beamed. I smiled at her. I hope she enjoys the dance.