Chapter 48: In The Night

Evening

"Good-bye, sweetie. Be safe!" My parents called after me, before leaving the house and the four of us alone, when I told my mom they would probably stay. A teenage girl with three teenage boys, her former bullies, alone in the same house. I felt a little nervous at the thought. Sirius, Remus, and James stared at me.

"Bye mum and dad!!" I told my parents, closing the door as they left.
"You want to watch a movie?" I tried changing the subject.

"How about Truth or Dare?" Sirius winked.

"Or both?" Remus reasoned. I rolled my eyes and pointed at Remus.

"Both." I grinned. They did the same and nodded. While I went to go get some popcorn, they plopped on the couch and looked at the movies I had. I put the unpopped kernels in a bowl and took out my wand to heat and pop them. I added butter and salt.

"I love magic." I whispered to no one in particular, taking in the scent of buttery popcorn. Taking the bowl and walking to the living room, I saw all the movie tapes scattered around the floor. "How can you make a mess so quickly?!" I exclaimed.

"We're the Marauders. You've met us, haven't you?" James had a glint of mischief in his eye.

"As a matter of fact, I have. Last time I checked, I was a Marauder, too." I smirked and grabbed my wand to clean up the mess. In a matter of seconds, the pile was stacked up neatly.

"Did you pick a movie?" I changed the subject and showed them the already-made popcorn.

"That smells good." Sirius closed his eyes and smelled the popcorn.

"I know." I grinned. They nodded with satisfaction on their faces. James held up the movie they picked. It was a horror movie, one of the scariest I've seen.

"We are not watching this." I practically screamed. "Nope. I already have nightmares. No need for more." I reminded them.

"Fine." They growled in perfect sync. I walked off the couch and chose another. I picked one out, a perfectly random one. I stared at the title. It was a movie about bullying, an emotional one, but I chose it at random.

"This?" I asked, holding up the case.

"No, it's so girly." James shuddered.

"Are you calling me girly? If that's what your saying, then you might want to forget about children." I shot him a death glare.

"N-n-o, you're not girly, Saph." He stuttered, frightened of me. I took four years of crap from this? Why didn't I stand up for myself earlier?

"So, this movie?" I asked, super sweetly. They nodded, sitting down on the couch. I turned off the lights and put on the movie. I sat between Remus and Sirius, but leaned my head on Remus's shoulder. We watched the movie and the boys looked interested. They were bullies at some point, after all.

Flashbacks came to me. As much as I didn't want this to happen, a tear of pain flowed down my face. I remembered how they brought me to my breaking point. Fortunately, the boys didn't notice me cry, but when the girl in the movie tried to kill herself, the crying was difficult to hide.

It was extremely upsetting, and mixed with the memories from my past, I found myself gasping for breath. I didn't even notice how James turned on the lights, the movie ended, and Sirius brought me water. They were panicking.

I almost wanted to laugh seeing them panic over dealing with my emotions, but the laughter never came. As I drank the cool water, I calmed down. I drank more and more until the crying finally ceased.

I reconsidered everything about watching that, scolding my stupid self for not thinking this through. I should've known it would be a trigger.

"Saph, are you alright?" Remus seemed genuinely worried. I nodded. I didn't want them to feel guilty again. As much as they might deserve it for everyone they pranked and bullied, I still didn't want them to feel like this is all their fault.

"T-the movie was sad. You know, when she tried to k-kill herself." I quickly said.

"You sure?" Sirius asked, patting my back.

"Yes." I reassured him. Trying to change the subject, I checked the time. Almost midnight. "I'm tired." I yawned.

"Let's go to bed!" James declared. "I'm sure you'll feel better in the morning.

"Yeah, you're right, but can Remmy and Sirius switch places?" I pouted.

"So you want Remus to sleep in the bed next to you and I sleep next to James?" Sirius asked in disbelief. I nodded, still holding a puppy-dog face. "Fine." He growled, awaiting Remus's answer, which was a 'yes.'

"Great! Thank you and good night." I said. The four of us walked upstairs and into separate rooms after cleaning the living room.

"I'm going to change." I told Remus, before going to the bathroom. He nodded. I brushed my hair and teeth, put on my pajamas and walked out to see Remus already in bed. "Goodnight." I told him and crawled into bed, turning off the lights. I smiled to make myself feel a bit better and drifted into, thankfully, a dreamless sleep.

Sirius's P.O.V.

"T-the movie was sad. You know, when she tried to k-kill herself." She stammered.

"You sure?" I asked her, still unconvinced that it was the real reason. I thought that the bullying would have caused this, but if so, then she's keeping it from us.

"Yes. I'm tired." She yawned. Even when she yawns, she looks beautiful.

"Let's go to bed! I'm sure you'll feel better in the morning." James told Saph.

"Yeah, you're right, but can Remmy and Sirius switch places?" Sapphire pouted. I stared at her, wide-eyed. She called me 'Sirius,' but Remus by his nickname. That stung.

"So you want Remus to sleep in the bed next to you and I have to sleep next to James?" I asked her in disbelief. She nodded, with a puppy-dog face. "Fine." I growled, hoping Remus would disagree, but since he is Remus, he agreed.

"Great! Thank you. And good night." The four of us walked up the stairs and into the different rooms. I fell on the bed in the guest room, burying my head in my hands.

"Someone's not okay." James said, and you can hear the smirk in his voice.

"Obviously, I'm not okay!" I practically yelled. "She didn't even call me by a nickname. She doesn't believe me. She'll never take me back, will she?" I breathed this out.

"There are two more years left of school. You have this time to get her back." He reassured me. I thought about it. He's right.

"I want her back now." I whined.

"Are you five years old, Padfoot? Life is more complicated than that and she's not a toy. Let's get to sleep, you can figure this out tomorrow." He rolled his eyes. I nodded, not having a response. He's right, without any argument.

Instantly, I fell asleep, imagining what it would be like if Sapphire and I did get married and we had a child named Autumn.