Chapter 46: With The Boys

Sapphire's P.O.V.

        "My new house is just two houses away." James beamed.

"REALLY?," I yelled. "WE'RE NEIGHBORS NOW!"

Wait, Remus was here, too.

"Remus is just staying for the summer, though." James said with a half frown, half smile, almost reading my mind.

"Well, I live with Saph." Sirius stated, crossing his arms over his chest, as if to one-up them.

"That wasn't my choice." I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

I couldn't tell if I still liked him. What if? The thought pulled and pulled.
I shook my head, to answer my own question and to push the thought away.

"What's wrong?" I heard Sirius's concerned voice.

"Nothing!" I protested. He looked unconvinced, but turned back to James and Remus.

'Do I still like him?' I thought, beginning an argument with myself.

'No, I can't.' I fought myself in my own thoughts.

'But his smile, his eyes, his hair, his-'

'He'll break your heart again, no doubt.'

'He told me he loved me in Hogsmeade the other day.'

'He's capable of lying. I thought you didn't believe him."

'You have a good point...'

'So, you don't like him.'

'I don't know!'

I groaned, in reality, that is.

"You sure it's nothing?" Remus asked and I smiled. Remus is like my big brother.

"Positive." I gave him a thumbs-up. A thought popped into my head.

"Did you jump over the fence, James?" I asked.

"Y-yes." He nervously said.

"What would you have done if Sirius and I weren't on the other side?"

"We'd know those voices anywhere." Remus said, ruffling my hair.

"Do you two want to come in?" I pointed towards my house.

"Sure." They said in unison. I grabbed my guitar and parchment, which were on the ground the whole time. The four of us walked over to my house.

"MUM!" I screamed for her to go downstairs. She walked down quickly.

"Did you need something, sweetie?" She asked me.

"I was wondering if they can stay here for a while?" I gestured to James and Remus. "They're some of my really good friends, you saw them at the platform."

"They've never been around here before." She looked surprised.

"James just moved across the street and Remus is staying with him for the summer." I told her. She pulled me aside for a minute.

"Of course. Since your father and I are going away for the weekend, make sure they leave by tonight. They can actually stay in the guest room if you like, but you know I'm concerned." She said. I smiled at her, telling her that I'll write by owl if they'd be staying.

My mom nodded as she left the room and I told the boys what she said.

"Let me go change." I walked up the stairs and into my room. I tried to work out the odds of James and Remus living so close to me.

Walking down the stairs after I put on a top and shorts, I saw the guys fidgeting with my guitar and parchment.

"What do you three think you're doing?" I asked, causing them to turn around.

"Your songs." Remus quickly said. I walked closer to them.

"Why?" I said, raising my eyebrow. I don't like people invading my privacy.

"To see what songs you wrote." James muttered. I walked up to them and grabbed the parchment.

"What did you see?" I asked.

"None, actually. You change quick." Sirius said. I laughed.

I took the guitar with the parchment, walking slowly upstairs to put it back in my room.

"Don't look at my songs again, please." I warned before leaving,

Remus's P.O.V.

"Don't look at my songs ever again." She warned before leaving to her room to put away her guitar and the parchment. Sirius sighed dreamily and James chuckled.

"You've got it bad." He told Sirius.

"Nice job stating the obvious there, Prongs." I rolled my eyes.

"Ha-ha." Sirius said, sarcastically. "I miss her so much and she'll never tak-" He was cut off.

"Sorry it took so long." Sapphire walked down the stairs. I saw her quietly wipe away a tear. She was crying. "Let's go outside?" She softly asked. Something's definitely wrong. And the others saw it, too, but we all nodded instead. She walked farther from Sirius and closer to me. I put my arm around her. She's like my little sister, after all.

"Are you okay?" I whispered in her ear. She shook her head once, but then nodded. I stared at her in confusion.

"Yeah." She told me, sadness filling her voice.

The four of us walked to the lake and laid down near it, watching the clouds, the sun, and the moon already showing. The moon!

"You guys..." I began, sitting up. They turned to me. "Tomorrow night is the full moon." I reminded them.

Why do I have to have this 'furry little problem'?