Chapter 10.

**ANA's POV**

"D-dad?" I asked, feeling my heart beat quicken. "That's me. How you doing sweets?" He asked, stepping closer to me. I stepped back causing me to bump into Harry. I ignored his question. "Aright. Well, whose this fella?" My dad asked, pointing to Harry.

"Her boyfriend." Harry growled, stepping in front of me. "Well. Calm down. We are all friends here." He said, chuckling. "Where's mom?" I asked. "Somewhere." He answered. "Where the fuck is she!?" I yelled pushing past Harry and stepping in front of my dad.

"Lets just say she's taking a nap." He giggled. I was fuming so I took my hand and slapped him. "Shit... You've gotten strong yeah?" He chuckled, holding his face.

"Ana." Harry said, pulling me back. "So what's your name curly?" My dad asked. "Don't talk to him." I said. "Why not? I can't talk to my own daughters boyfriend? What if he is not boyfriend material?" He asked. "That's the last of my worries." I grunted.

"Oh come on. He looks like he's broke a few hearts." My dad said. "I'm about to smash yours." Harry growled, standing right in front of my dad's face.

"Try me boy." My dad teased. Harry raised his fist and smashed him in the face. My dad tumbled to the ground. "Ana, go find your mom." Harry said, pinning my dad to the wall. I nodded and ran to my room.

I busted through the door and saw my mom passed out on the bed. "Mom?" No answer. I walked over to the bed and wrapped one of her arms around my shoulder then I started walking out of the room.

**HARRY's POV**

I heard Ana run up the stairs to look for her mom. "You got a fist on ya boy." He said. I ignored him and remembered everything Ana told me about her dad. About how he would beat her senseless. That's what sent me over the edge. "Why would you hurt somebody like her? You son of a bitch." I growled, kneeing him.

"You don't lay a hand on any girl!" I yelled again, punching him. "Harry stop!" I heard Ana yell from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw Ana holding her mom.

I noticed the scare in her eyes. I nodded and was about to let her dad go when I felt a fist to my face. I pulled away instantly and grabbed my face. "Not so tough huh?" Her dad breathed out. I tried to shake out of the pain. I kicked him into the wall sloppily and punched him in the face making him pass out.

I limped over to the girls and wrapped one arm around her moms back and another one around her legs and picked her up. I carried her out of the house and walked her to the car. Ana opened the car door and I slipped her mom in. I went to the driver seat and slowly got in. Ana went to the other side and got in. Once she was fully in I drove off.

--------

**ANA's POV**

Harry parked at his flat and got out of the car and picked up my mother from the back and carried her to the flat, not saying a word to me.

I locked his car then followed him. I ran ahead of him so I could get the door. I opened it and he walked in a laid my mom on the couch.

I shut the door behind me. "Ana get a ice pack from the freezer." He demanded, not looking me in the eye. I nodded and walked to the freezer and grabbed a small ice pack. I grabbed a towel as well.

I walked over to Harry and gave it to him. He wrapped it in the towel then laid it on my mothers head. "Do you think she will be okay?" I asked.

"She'll be fine. He must've just gave her some sleeping pills. She should be up in the morning." He reassured. I nodded slowly.

"Thanks for everything Harry." I said. He nodded and brushed past me not saying a word. Did I do something?

He walked to the bathroom and started washing off his face. "How does your face feel?" I asked. "Just fine." He harshly said. "Did I do something?" I asked. He shook his head then dried his face off.

He walked out of the bathroom and to the bedroom. He grabbed a blanket then walked back over to my mom and laid it on her. He walked back to the bedroom and shut the lamp off and went to the bed then slipped in.

I walked awkwardly to the other side and slipped in. I was waiting for Harry to wrap his arm around me but he didn't. I tried to tangle my legs into his, but he nudged it away. I sighed. "Harry?" I asked. "Hm?" He answered. "What did I do?" I asked.

"Nothing." He replied. "Bullshit." I muttered. He ignored me. "Seriously Harry." I growled. Silence. "Do you want me to just go then?" I asked. He rolled around and faced me. "No." He quietly said. "Then tell me what's wrong." I begged.

"Why don't you listen to me?" He asked. "What do you mean?" I asked, looking him in the eyes. "I said not to go to the house.. Then you snuck away? Like really Ana. Or when I tell you to stay away.. You don't." He explained.

"Harry, I had to go." I tried to explain. "No you didn't! I said not to! What if I never heard you leave huh? What if I was still waiting for you in bed?! What if you got hurt again! You already got hurt when I wasn't with you!" He yelled.

"I'm sorry. I was just worried about my mom. I didn't want anything to happen to her. She's all I have." I said. "You have me too." He whispered.

"I know Harry. It's just... I can't have anything happen to her." I said. "I can't have anything happen to you Ana." He said. "It won't. You just have to trust me." I whispered, rubbing his arm.

"I do trust you. I just don't trust the people around you. Your father would hurt you bad if I wasn't there." He said. "That's why you were there.. To protect me. I just needed to see my mom. I'm sorry." I said.

"It's fine. Just don't do it again please. Just listen to me for once. I really cant have anything happen to you." He said, kissing me. I leaned into the kiss. He pulled away.
"Get some rest baby. We will talk in the morning." He said. I nodded. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer. I nuzzled my face into his chest and drifted to sleep.