Chapter 2: Comforting the discomfort

AMANDA'S POV

"Today's going be tough, like really tough", said my subconscious after snoozing off the alarm clock for more than 5 minutes. What type of person wakes up after one ring? I belonged to the kind who woke up after 7 snoozes in a row. Also, Apple's standard alarm tone did add up to my grievances. One ring and my entire mind were fucked up. 

I brushed my teeth, ironed my yellow t-shirt, and paired it with sky blue denim. I always wore simple and decent dresses in college, as I carried forward the same look in the office. Carrying outfits was a task. I didn't really like to go with casual clothing unless it was an outing.

I took my backpack after gathering my hair into a high ponytail, messaged the group which had me, Gina, and Francis "Left home" and rushed towards the main door after lacing up my white canvas.

"I'm leaving, mom. I'll go straight to work after eating something in college. Love you ", I said in a loud tone, clear enough for mom to hear.

"Love you too, Good luck baby girl. Make the most of this day", Mom shouted back, love and care could be sensed in her words.

I took the nearest cab and instructed the driver for directions, I reached college in approximately 15 minutes and ran towards my class after realizing I was late. I aspired to be on time but lost the battle with my sleep every time. Everyone in my class was aware of my tradition of being 'late'. I always covered up this flaw of mine by smiling pleasantly toward the lecturer.

"May I come in sir", I had my eyeballs placed towards the direction of the ground as I knew I was going to be bashed by the professor.

"Usual Latecomer, Get in", his words were conforming enough today, maybe he was in a real good mood. I rushed and established the only vacant seat which was in the front row.

When Professor Hemsworth was busy teaching, I turned around to inquire about Gina and Francis, I found out that they were busy talking by resting their heads on the desk. I hated it when they talked without me, it felt like I was losing synchronization with so much gossip on this earth.

Francis knew everything about everyone, he was probably in the gossip box. I and Gina were never bored in his company as he filled us with gossip.

I smiled at Mr. Hemsworth, held my head high in a magniloquent way, and proceeded to pay attention to his lecture faking out yes and no every time he looked at me. I usually projected myself as a good girl since class teachers add up to our grades by giving us internal marks. I actually excelled in this field.

When the bell rang, we at once marched towards the canteen. On taking our respected chairs, we discussed our lives. We usually stalked people, our exes, our enemies, etc.

"I'm so hungry", Gina stood up from her seat and the paved way toward the ordering counter. On having our respected meals placed in front of us, "So, what happened yesterday?" Gina questioned, her brows arched in my direction.

"We need every minute detail ", Francis followed her closely and looked around at everyone in the surroundings in an attempt to spot some hot girl. When we talked about judgment it meant that we didn't judge each other but we had all the right to judge people who were not us.

"Oh my hotness, that girl is super sexy. Which one of you is going to bring her number for me?" Francis looked in the direction of the girl.

"No one, grow up" I pinched him on his shoulder.

"Ignore him", Gina sat on the chair looking closely at the menu of the soft drinks.

"Remember the guy I told y'all about, because of whom I came late to Gina's birthday bash?", I broke the silence after completing one whole piece of my heavenly pizza.