Chapter 30 : Out and About

Amanda's POV

I cornered my eyes whilst secretly looking at Mr. Reynolds.  He was busy jotting down the points he considered important.  He played with his pen when doing the same.

I brought my awareness of the projector screen as soon as his eyes met mine. Why does he has to be so cautious all the time, don't be so attentive Mr. Richie Rich?

I looked straight in the direction of the man who was giving the presentation. Every time I had the urge to look at him, I'd bring up an act like pushing my chair or viewing the surrounding through the window, yeah my actions were strange lately but I didn't have any control over them.

You look different, Mr. Reynolds's words echoed in my ears.  I tightened my lips so as to prevent myself from smiling and making a joke out of myself in front of so many people.

Maybe I should compliment him?  Don't be a fool, Amanda,  he's busy focusing somewhere else. Stop acting like a fan-girl all the time and including the fact that the topic already ended a while ago, you'll have a tube-light moment. Train your reflexes instead. I was going mad and to be honest I didn't mind it at all. 

The speech continued boring the shit out of me, thanks to the fact that I knew how to sleep with eyes open. I had no one to talk with so I decided to stay still and wait for the meeting to get over.  I brought my attention in place when everyone stood up and shook each other's hands. 

"It's a deal then ", Mr. Reynolds shook Mr. Henry's hand.  I stood in one corner without disrupting anyone.  I greeted Cody when he came towards me and stood next to me.

Everyone started leaving the conference room one by one. The only people who were yet present were me, Mr. Reynolds, Cody, Mr. Henry, and his wife. Mr. Henry's wife looked beautiful in her maxi-dress. Her age was almost in the late 30's.

"You are here and you no go for sightseeing, let me take you ", her accent was Russian, it sounded so cute.

"Hello! Mrs. Henry ", I greeted her "Well--", I couldn't think of an answer. Sightseeing was actually a good idea but I knew that Mr. Reynolds would certainly be uninterested in it so I decided to tell her a plain no.

"Yeah Aaron, why don't you take Amanda out ", Mr. Henry tightened his tie as he spoke "We're done with today already ", he continued.

"We're fine, I guess ", I replied instinctively as Mr. Reynolds didn't answer.

"you both should definitely explore this beautiful place, its more like a village but it has an alluring scenic beauty ", the couple smiled looking at each other "We met here for the first time, I'm glad life bought me here ", he side hugged his wife.

"I guess Amanda wants to stay in the hotel ", Excuse me, Mr Reynolds, you should ask my opinion first. I want to go out, I do.

I fake smiled at him, he knew what exactly it meant. The inner me wanted to start a fight this very moment but I had great control over my nerves. "Plus, you'll have a gist of the place and the project once you watch it yourself ", Mr. Henry was being pushy.

He did hit the right exact spot at the perfect time, Mr. Reynolds would never actually say a no to something which is related to business. I saw his facial expression and I sensed a 'yes' already. He pushed his sleeves up "fine, I'll take her ", he concluded as he left, I followed him out.

No, he didn't allow me to freshen up, I'm glad I carried my purse to the conference room. It included my compact powder so I fixed my look whilst looking at the small mirror in my compact. We got into the car, I took the passenger seat and attached the seat belt.