Chapter 3 : Personal or Professional?

Amanda's POV

"Which dress?" Gina inquired, raising both the hangers in the air at the same time. They both looked fine.

"That one has too much exposure of skin." I made an instinct reaction on pointing at the dress which she displayed with her right hand.

"A bit of cleavage is no harm for a sexy girl like you", Gina immediately cut my words then continued "How about this second one?"

I eyed the collection of dresses she brought for me, but to my discontent,  I didn't like any.

"Come naked then!" Gina frowned, irritation could be sensed in her tone.
"Don't do this to me", I tried to make up for spoiling her mood by side hugging her.

Gina was such a sweetheart. She came with all her belongings at my place so that we could get ready for the party together. Let me mention, she had an amazing choice in makeup, it was all authentic and trending. I loved her so much, I wish I could express that to her. Yet, I was too dreadful at expressing my feelings for the people I loved. 

"Okay, so what kind of dress would you like to wear Ammie?" She questioned, furrowing her brows.

I looked at her and the collection of dresses she possessed. I tried examining each dress one by one but to my discontent, I couldn't find any which suited up to my expectations.

Gina picked up a red knee-length dress which had a covered neck but included a deep cut, alongside the shoulders, down to the arms. It showed off some amount of skin, which looked amazing, giving it a close yet, modern touch.

"Oh yes! This looks perfect. I'll wear this." I finally decided after grabbing it from Gina's hands, adjusting the dress on myself in front of the mirror by suspending it.

"I swear if you would've taken any longer, I would have left without you because it's already 6:15", she pointed towards her wristwatch, making a statement offending my nasty behavior.

We quickly put on our respectable dresses. Gina wore a pink body fit dress which could clearly show some of her cleavage. She looked bomb, let me say that. We helped each other with makeup, thanks to those inspirational YouTubers.

Allow me to say that Gina did make me look different. Her makeup skills were no less than a professional. Her winged liner and everything was so perfect and on point. I, when tried putting on a winged liner always ended smudging my eyes black.

I side-parted all my hair in one position and kept them open after applying the serum. Gina tied a messy bun which complimented her dress so much. We both took a mandatory selfie before leaving for the night.

We could clearly hear the horn of a car beeping. We ran towards the main door. We knew it was Francis. He wore a grey leather jacket over a white "v" necked t-shirt which showed his amazing and well-built body. He looked stunning, to be honest.

He waved us from the car grinning with all his teeth. I knew he was showing off because he was traveling in some latest Porsche. Francis had a rich and well-known family background. He was always urging to help me but I did not want money and self-respect to collide along with each other as the consequences could directly vary with our friendship.

We both took the back seat quickly. Francis was on the passenger seat with his driver. "You guys look so intimidating. I'm proud to enter the party with such hot ladies, people want one and I'm paired with two, lucky me", he patted his own shoulders.

"Says the basic flirtatious Francis", I cut him up.

Gina pinched my arm turning towards Francis, "You don't look bad yourself. Like I have to make an account of the girls who drop their jaws after looking at you", she sugarcoated my sarcastic tone.