Chapter 28 : the note ?

Amanda's POV

Picking up my loaded suitcase,  I went towards my mom to bid her goodbye "Take care Mom,  I hope Sam's home by afternoon.  Don't worry much about me.  Love you", Mom kissed me on my forehead and gave me clear instructions regarding the trip.

"Don't go roaming alone at the vacant place"
"Stay in a group with your office colleagues"
"Have your meals on time,  don't skip any"

I laughed at mom's concern towards me and got inside the taxi which I booked earlier. Reaching upon my office,  I guided the taxi driver to pick aside. I paid him the exact change and exited the taxi.

Mr. Reynolds could be seen from far away,  his face looked a shade lighter because of the sunlight.  His black sunglasses complimented his black blazer, he wore white v necked t-shirt inside his blazer.

I waved at him grinning when his eyes met mine,  he didn't react.  I pushed my bag towards his car,  I'm glad it had wheels beneath so I didn't have to carry the weight because certainly, my stuff weighed more than me. 

"Is there no one who'll come along? ", I inquired questioning as I stood facing him, our eyes met, I had to push my head up while we talked as he was taller than me. Not that my height was small.

"Yeah,  do you see anyone else ?  ", I twirled my eyes around to check upon.  There was no one,  not even his driver.  Is he going to drive?  oh no it felt like a long journey already.

I quickly took the back seat of the car after settling my luggage in the trunk.  He took the driver's seat in a while as he shifted his sunglasses on the top of his head but he didn't drive, he just settled himself comfortably after attaching the seat belt over his torso. He sat still as he waited for someone.

"Are you waiting for someone? ", I questioned. He gave a quick nod which certainly meant a no.

"Then why aren't you driving? ", I questioned again perplexed.

"Do you certainly consider yourself my boss or do you take me as your driver ? ", he frowned.

"What,  wait.  Where did that come from ? ", his frown deepened, I didn't really realize that I was seated on the back seat but that certainly doesn't make him look like a driver or maybe it does, he did really believe in that stereotypical condition where bosses sit on the back seat.

"Uh, whatever", I banged and opened the door of the passenger seat.  I surrounded my eyes with sunglasses because it was quite sunny plus now I could easily have a quick nap while he drove because I didn't expect him to chit-chat with me during the drive

"What now ? ", he was staring at me.

"Seat belt", he raised his brows, I connected the seat belt around myself. Within moments he started the ride as he completely ignored my presence. I looked at him in between but he kept his focus on the road.

I removed my phone from my clutch and connected the aux wire to it as I didn't want the awkward silence to take over the car. I leaned in to change the song as the wire was a bit small so I placed my phone at the small hollow place there.

As soon as the music concealed my ears, I laughed and clapped when the singer sang my favorite lines. I didn't dare to look at Mr. Reynolds as his scary glares would spoil my trip mood.

"Push and pull like a magnet do ", I shouted as I swayed my hands in the air. Loud music did something to me, it ceased my power to think. I would've jumped like an idiot if I wasn't seated in the car.

"I am in love with your booooooooody ", I increased the volume.

"Miss Waters "

"Oh - I oh-I Oh  I Oh -I "