Chapter 54 : Found or Lost?

Aaron Reynolds's Pov

"So, what's the plan?" Francis questioned, as he watched me fidget with the hangers of my coats. I quickly removed one, which matched the one I wore. I threw it in his direction, and he quickly grabbed it. "What's this for?" he questioned again.

"Wear it", I ordered. Without questioning any further, he did as instructed. He buttoned the middlemost buttons of the blazer, and I did the same eventually. I hurriedly, spiked my hair, took charge of my phone, sprayed some perfume over myself and threw the body of the perfume towards Francis. His face yet showed confusion, but rather then questioning, he obeyed my instructions.

"We look and smell the same, don't we?" I questioned him.

He cornered his eyes, and examined my outfit "We do? I mean, yes from behind. But why do we have to look similar?"

He looked at his wristwatch, thought something for a while, and answered "If three people are inspecting me, then I've to do something about it. You're the decoy. In other words, you'll be my clone who'll keep people entertained through my back. Thank God, we have the same hair colour"

"What if someone confronts me?"

"Is there some harm wearing a black coat?" I questioned back.

"Don't go alone, take me with you. You may require my presence, Amanda may require it. It isn't safe there. Gina can handle things in this party, and Dan can play the clone", he offended.

"Just like you said, it isn't safe there. Plus, I have dealt with James earlier and I can deal with him in the present too. Just stay here, and let me know anything which I should be aware of. Keep the three men confused about the original Aaron. Keep shifting places. Do whatever it takes, just don't alert them. I'll inform the police right away, and make way towards the location. Just mail someone from the police department the username and password, along with the actual software so that they can have access to the location as well"

I carefully peeped through the door, made sure that the hallway was empty, and exited the room's door along with Francis. Unexpectedly, Francis hugged me. "Please make sure that Amanda is safe", I hugged him, and slowly patted his back and replied "Amanda will be safe. She has to be safe. I promise I'll bring her safe and sound", he apart himself from me. His eyes were watery. He was the kind of man who had no trouble showing his emotions, and maybe that was the change I had to get in myself, too.

I rushed out, through the emergency exit which was in the kitchen. I used the other car, not the one I usually use. I started my car, and drove as per the direction given to me by the locator. The app traced Amanda's location, and I realized that it was far away from town, probably in the outskirts. I kept moving, with optimistic thoughts. Amanda was clumsy, troublesome, and a complete idiot. I didn't trust her, when it came to her safety. That's why I aligned three guards to safeguard her, but she turned them off too, as she promised that she'd stick by my side.

The traffic signal showed the red light, which clearly signalled me to stop, but I didn't. I kept driving, as per the directions given to me by the map. After looking through the rear view mirror, I realized that I was being followed, by a police van. Maybe, they were going to waste my time and press charges for breaking the signal. I tried to overtake the vehicle, which was a bit close to me, because the road was small, and the driver had an extremely slow speed. I was aware of the fact that, this act of mine was going to add up to the charges and I was prepared for it, but first, I had to reach the location which was in red and save my girl.

I quickly pushed the brakes, when two men dressed in a police uniform, on their bikes, came towards me, from an opposite direction. "What the actual fuck", I banged the steering with my palms aggressively and muttered under my breadth.