Chapter 8 : Pallapora town

Amanda's POV

"What the fuck is wrong with you Samarrah", I shouted at my younger sister. She was home after a long time but her presence didn't make us happy, in fact, paved way for depression to the Waters Family which included me and my mother. My father was not even interested to know our well-being.

"Stop interfering in my life", Samarrah threshed my words into half and turned facing mom. Well, she was acting like a complete bitch which annoyed me even more.

"Sam, she's your elder sister. I guess you've forgotten all your ", Mom tried controlling her which was much needed.

"Yes, of course, she has forgotten her basic ethics", I just wanted her to tell me about the missing puzzle in the jigsaw.

"Fuck off ", she raised her eyebrows in an evil manner and continued "You should be more interested in your life rather than mine. I'm not even interested in looking at your face"

Her words were pricking me straight in my heart because this was not something my younger sister was awhile back. It was really obvious that mom was hurt too. She had to act mature and thus she was doing justice to her responsibilities as a mother.

Mom brought a glass of chilled soda for Samarrah, told her to calm down for a while. I stood behind her back with folded hands. I watched her take some sips of the soda peacefully. "Who is the father of your illegal child?" I interrogated in a friendly tone.

"As I said earlier, I don't want to have a deep conversation about this, so don't annoy me for God's sake", Sam acted like she didn't care at all.

"Baby, you need to share with us everything that's going on in your life, okay? Take your time", mom caressed her and continued "But first, we need to abort your child"

Yes, my 18-year-old sister was pregnant and was not even ready to tell us about the one who was responsible for it. Maybe she was hurt or maybe raped. I had to know everything because I couldn't help without knowing the correct detailed information.

Samarrah didn't care at all. She marched towards her room thumping her feet in annoyance. I followed her footsteps but was stopped by mom. She wanted Samarrah to calm down first. I was against her ideology though. The sooner we knew, the more we could help.

She left her hand purse on the couch. I observed it carefully and finally decided to investigate it, if only I could find some clue. "Don't do this Ammie, it's a bad habit"

"It's a necessity", I replied instinctively while opening the chain. There was a little amount of money along with a small paper note which read J, just the initial alphabet. Maybe, it denoted the initial of the father of Sam's baby. I quickly placed the chit in the same position as it was earlier and took that to Samarrah's room to make up for my behavior as I felt guilty.

I took her wallet and went upstairs towards her room which was beside me. I missed her absence when she was away. Memories of the past drifted in my mind, in which I haunted her when she was asleep. I still remember our endless laughter at that moment. I didn't know what changed things, I just wanted her to stay normal, was it too much to ask for?

I slightly opened her room's door and first peeped to know what exactly she was doing and then knocked slowly and entered. "Here's your wallet, you left it at the couch", I positioned the wallet towards her direction and sat next to her. No one among us spoke, silence concealed the atmosphere.

"Why are you here Ammie?" Samarrah questioned while correcting her bedsheets properly, they were in a great amount of mess.

"Just for a sibling talk", I side hugged her "Nothing personal", I made an air quotation.