Chapter 31 : What the eff

Amanda's POV

"I didn't bring you here to drink and lose your senses, I wanted to--", he stepped closer to me. Our lips almost touched. My heart raced as my hand rested on his chest. He gave me inhale-exhale issues.

My eyes were interlocked with his, none of us broke the contact. His eyes traveled through my face and made its way towards my lips. I gasped. I stood still for a moment, my brain ceased to work.

I pulled myself away from him on learning his facial expressions, they weren't as straight as usual. "You wanted to ?', I questioned as I was intrigued by his statement.

"Nothing", he changed the topic. It felt like he was lying, he did want to say something but unfortunately, he couldn't. "I uh- I ", he stammered "I wanted to buy this place so I decided to have a look around"

"Okay, have fun inspecting this place.Mr. Richie Rich", I turned my attention away from him. I leaned towards the menu whilst taking a seat at the bar. Mr. Reynolds didn't follow me, maybe I was a bit rude before. No Amanda you weren't.

"One Martini please ", I swiped my credit card whilst making the payment. I took a small sip of it.  Olives surrounded my glass generating a bit of saltiness flavor in my mouth. I blinked my eyes as I pouted at the sour taste.

I cornered my eyes, turned my chair around against the bartender, and searched for Mr. Reynolds around in the crowd. Without enforcing my eyes, I spotted him on the couch. 3 almost naked women surrounded him. One had her hands on his thigh, the other curled her hands around his neck and the third stood still with a bottle of vodka as she swayed it in the air.

Oh My Lord, look at them. The town was decent and traditional, the women here weren't. Didn't they lack decency? They were literally hanging on a man, a single man who was single too. Why does it sound so unpleasant to my ears? Pfft.

I tried to look away as the view was affecting me. I was infuriating, I had no control over this situation of mine. I tried to bird-watch around, no one caught my eye though.

My eye-balls traveled to that direction no matter how much I warned it. I clenched my left fist as I took another sip of my Martini. He had all the right to do whatever he wanted to but it hurt like someone was pinning some sort of pointed needle in my heart again and again.

Take it easy Amanda, he's no one but your boss. You're no one to him but his employee. Just another employee.

"Hey sexy, all alone ?", a man brushed his hair as he walked towards me. I at first decided to not attend him but I was all alone and a little company from someone was something I shouldn't object to. I waved him with a half-smile.

"I am Amanda ", he pushed his hand in my direction wanting a shake. I smiled stretching my lips as I tightened the grip of my hands over the glass. I clearly avoided his gesture.

"Nice to meet you "

"Well, I reciprocate the feeling  ", I took another sip. My head was heavy by now, No I didn't lose my senses. I wasn't just used to drink so I tended to have an ache in my head whenever I opted for alcohol.

"So, mind if I ask this beautiful girl sitting in front of me a dance ?', he arched his brow as he swayed his right hand towards me again.

"I am fine, this way ", I totally avoided him again. I didn't like him and I felt better off alone so I decided to cut his presence from my life. "I don't want to either dance or have any further word with you ", I can't blame myself as alcohol always brought the blunt Amanda out.

"Did you just insult me on my face ",  I did attempt to rage him.

"I did, oops ", I covered my mouth with my hands dramatically as I placed the empty glass back on the table  "Go away, shoooooooooooo ", I extended the o in the shoo.