Chapter 33 : Garden

AMANDA'S' POV

"We have heard about the progress of Pallapora's town redevelopment program , that really created an urge in us to do business with you", Mr Reynolds smiled as Mr Henry praised him.

He tightened his tie "I am glad you liked my work . I make sure to do it with perfection every time ", his lips gave birth to a small smile and he continued "I went through the town and I am quite convinced by its ethereal beauty"

"That's really a compliment for this small city ", Mr Henry along with his group of associates started discussing about the do's and don't of the project . I wasn't really interested in their crappy business talks so I decided to make the most of my time aka stare at the guy I was crushing on.

Every time I had an eye contact with him , I'd focus my attention towards the wall which was behind him. Maybe I should tell him about my feelings or maybe I shouldn't. There was a tsunami of mixed thoughts which were confusing my already confused mind.

"Miss Waters, what is your opinion regarding this topic?", Mr Reynolds cocked his brow as he looked straight in my eyes.

I wasn't really focusing at the question at first place so I had a blank expression plus I couldn't ask him to pardon the sentence "Whatever your opinion is", I felt it the most relevant answer at the moment. I knew it was very dumb of me.

On hearing some people giggle I glanced at them , they stopped the very moment when they analyzed me eyeing them. I frowned at my own stupidity.

I attentively heard the rest of the discussion and even asked relevant questions so as to cover up from my previous blonde behavior.

"So , we can wrap up the work by tomorrow afternoon and leave instinctively then ", Mr Reynolds sighed . A part of me was happy to leave the place as it had been troublesome for me since we initiated the journey but the other part was sad because I was actually enjoying my time with Mr Reynolds.

"I am sorry but I guess you'll have to re-schedule the whole back-to-home plan", Cody interrupted .

"Yes, we have a special masquerade ball arranged for tomorrow night . We are celebrating our hotel's 100th anniversary and we'll be honored if you could enlighten us with your presence ", Mr Henry sounded so pushy .

"I'll be delighted to attend the same", Mr Reynolds accepted his invitation . I stood at one corner simply playing with my hair as no one really included me in their conversation.

People started leaving the conference room one by one. I followed Mr Reynolds while he exited . We didn't talk, just walked . Leading our path he strolled towards a place which wasn't our room.

"Hey wait--", I tried stopping him .

"Yes ?"

"Where are we heading to ?", I questioned as I matched his speed . He halted for a while and paid attention to my dress before answering.

"The garden"

"The garden?", I was bewildered as he definitely didn't seem the type of guy to relax in the garden.

"Why? Am I not allowed there?" he interrogated.

"Of course you are", I let him take the head again . I tried to avoid the thumping noise my sandal made on interaction with the floor.

On reaching the garden he settled himself on the bench so I took the seat next to him . The place was the most liveliest throughout . Small kids were playing around, oldies had their whole different laughter club . I knew as I read the board which was placed in the area they sat.