Chapter 45 : Another dance or maybe chance?

Amanda's POV

Two words, it just took two words to turn my world upside down. I've been wished 'happy birthday' earlier but this wish scented a new fragrance in my life, precisely my heart. Our eyes collided with each other, so did our hands. His palms rested on the back of my hands.

It isn't the first time he has touched me but it always felt like the first time. My skin craved his touch, my lips craved his taste and my eyes craved his sight everywhere. Love is a four letter word which comes with strings attached, the more you try to unknot it, the more you get trapped.

I gasped, examined him and looked straight blinking a several times. His well-sculpted jaw was sharp, attractive and sexy. His beards were freshly growing. He glued his vision on me, cleared his throat and continued "I can't undo anything and I so wish that I can redo everything. You can't unhate me. All I ask for is tonight and tomorrow. I want your 21st to be the best. Let me"

"Okay", I exhaled as the word slipped out of my mouth. No, it wasn't planned. Maybe it was the innocence in his tongue and honesty in his eyes which passed a signal to my reflexes to agree to whatever he was saying.

This moment, he could ask me anything and I'd be more then grateful to grant him with it. The Aaron Reynolds I knew back then and the Aaron Reynolds I knew now had a vast difference. I could score really good if I tried distinguishing between.

"Okay", he chuckled, his eyes shined and a small smile took birth on my lips which ceased to stop even when I tried tightening it.

He parted his lips as an attempt to speak "How about one slow dance ? ", he interrogated warming my hands with his.

"Count me in", I smiled ear to ear. I unseated myself from the bed and straightened myself and my dress. It was short. I tried stretching it down so as to get back to my comfort zone. Not that he hadn't seen me semi-naked earlier.

He picked himself up, removed the phone from his sweatpants and turned a slow music on. I chuckled looking at him, "couldn't really do justice without music, right?", he rhetorically questioned.

I nodded my head agreeing to it. The song which played was 'Wanted' by Hunter Hayes. "Knew your obsession over his voice", he slightly winked.

"And, how do you know?" I questioned amazed.

He came closer to me, his hands were interlocked with mine and so were our bodies. He settled his hand on my naked shoulder curling it around my neck. I gasped breathing hard. "Stalked your playlist"

"Didn't know you notice me this much"

"More than you can imagine", he grasped me by my back. My hand automatically rested on his chest. I could feel his heart beating. Our nose touched and none of us broke the eye-contact. Every time he travelled his hands through my naked exposed skin, a shiver ran through my spine creating butterflies along with inevitable pleasure.

If only everything he did in the past was an illusion, or a lie. There's one famous proverb in English, which is, 'Forgive and forget', but it can't be practised as easily as said. Like a broken glass, it leaves it's mark and gives you a reminder whenever you look at it.

Everything that don't makes sense about me, makes sense when I'm with you🎶.

He twirled me around through his right hand. I chuckled as I did the same. I curled both my hands around his neck and swayed my feet in synchronization with the music. Our foreheads collided giving me a quick recap of all the dances we had earlier. Everyone of it was acquainted with a sweet memory.

Cause I wanna wrap you up
Wanna kiss your lips
I wanna make you feel wanted🎶

A quick smile escaped my lips. I didn't know 'how long was forever' but this moment felt like it.