Chapter 20 : Don't give up eh

Amanda's POV

"Oh my God, No", I wiped off the tears sniffling. I had no idea how to prove out to be a help to Mr. Reynolds. I lacked strength, presence of mind, and science of course. I caught his hands and rubbed it vigorously trying to emit some movement out of it but again I proved out to be helpless. 

I cleaned his face starting with his forehead swiping off the blood, there were some droplets which took birth within minutes even after removal of the additional blood which was reciprocal in nature. 

"What do I do?  What the fuck do I do to prove out to help to this man ", questions flooded in my mind. I placed my hands on his chest to feel his heart beats,  to my surprise they were even slower now.  A small amount of sweat tipped off from my forehead because of anxiety.  I was very scared as his situation was turning worst from bad.

"Hey God!  I swear I'll give a good amount of charity to the needy once I return,  I won't lie to anyone.  At least for a month.  I'll be holy enough to visit you daily. " I bent my knees and looked towards the sky "Please save Mr. Reynolds,  he's a good man though he doesn't showcase the good in him", I raised my hands in unison while making a wish.  I was never really a holy person but yes I believed in the almighty and his power to dominate and protect the world.

"CPA, oh yes cardio pulmonary resuscitation, why didn't I think about this earlier ", I hit myself playfully on the head. Mr. Reynolds yet didn't show any sign of being in an active state. His face looked divine in this state, I couldn't stop but gaze at the view.  

I tilted his head lifting his chin until his teeth almost touched. I looked towards him and listened to his breathing which was slow or almost broke due to certain damage caused on his brain cells. I could see the deep injury through my naked eye too, they hit him hard on the head continuously. 

I then started compressing his chest putting my hands in the center of his chest, between his nipples. I placed one hand on mine on top of the other pushing them down with the heel of my hand around 30 times. I continued with 2 breaths followed by 30 pushes. I did it as per I was taught in college when in a seminar of quick aids. I hoped to see him move but he didn't show any sign, a part of me whimpered. 

"This means that I got to move quickly to the third step ", I thought to myself " Come on Amanda, it's not that you haven't kissed him earlier. This time it's for saving his life. Pump him your breadths ", the positive Amanda was taking charge a lot at this moment. 

I, without giving it a second thought pinched his nose close and covered his mouth with mine giving it 2 full breaths making sure each breath took not more than 1 second. Apart from monitoring the exhaled breath, I checked his chest, in order to see the rise and fall of the same. I took intervals at a regular frequency and paused to take a breath myself. 

I pulled away with my eyes closed, waiting for something assertive to happen. I half opened my eyes to have a check on Mr. Reynolds, his face looked the same. His chest didn't move which clearly meant that his breathing didn't gear up. I suddenly heard a small cough, I closely examined him assuring myself that my tricks worked after some minutes. 

His eyes unenclosed in a slow and gradual manner showing off all the pain he had been feeling in his body. The sun shined on his face making his shade tone a bit lighter than usual. 

"Hey, you're fine ?", I ran towards him. 

"Of course I am ", he turned me down wryly.

"Ouch ! should be thanking me for saving your life ", my face rested in his direction causing a droplet of blood from my wounded forehead dropping on his. " So sorry ", I wiped off.