Chapter 26 : Happy and GAY?

Amanda's POV

"So, Miss Waters --",  I heard a sexy whisper in my ears. I turned around and interlocked my eyes with a pair of dark blue eyes.

"So ?', I questioned Mr. Reynolds in bewilderment. I didn't expect him to come and take a seat next to me. 

"What brought you here ?"

"My pleasure for eating, oh no I came here to take up a part-time job of a waitress. You've given me enough training to compliment the job ", I stretched my lips wide making it look like a smile as I taunted him.

" You should definitely work on your jokes ", he didn't seem much amused but wait it wasn't supposed to be a joke. It was clearly a t-a-u-n-t .

"At least I try ", I offended and looked away. "Why are you here ?', I reciprocated the question.

"You're not allowed to ask me questions, I am your Boss", he was so rude. I literally wanted to punch him on his nose. 

"Oh wait ", I looked at my wristwatch "It's not an office , neither are the timings as per my shift. You're no one to me here. Not my friend, not my Boss ", his expression wasn't much satisfied with my answer. The man who he was sitting with earlier,  left the dance floor and joined us. I wished him and greeted him with a handshake.

"I'm Cody Evans  ", he pushed his seat closer to Mr. Reynolds as he rested his hands on his shoulder. He brushed his nose on Mr. Reynolds's shoulder. Something seemed inappropriate on Mr. Reynolds's face, he didn't look comfortable. It felt like he couldn't speak up or get away, he just had to tolerate.

Oh, my Lord, the man was gay. It could be seen, it just took me a bit longer to recognize. Now I know why Gina called me a tube light, tube light doesn't really lighten up the moment you hit the button, it takes time for it to power up after 2-3 successful blinks and so did jokes in my head. 

I covered my mouth with my hands, I  couldn't control my laughter. I tightened my lips so that I didn't lose control over myself. I totally respected and supported gays, I never offended them. I didn't laugh at Cody,  I laughed at Mr. Reynolds as his situation was intractable. 

I exactly knew now that why he took a seat next to me, he wanted me. No wait, he needed me to help him out of this unfavorable condition. He couldn't just shove Cody away from him, he was one of the leading investors of his new plan .  Maybe Cody was just beguiled to invest because of his good looks but no the plan for the new line was really appreciable and breathtaking. 

Mr. Reynolds tried to shift away but Cody shifted an inch closer every time he drifted apart.  Cody eyed him like he was Rose to Jack, Blair to Chuck. " I am Amanda, nice to meet you Cody Sir ", I interrogated his close moment with Mr. Reynolds.

He pushed his dark blonde hair and focused his gaze towards me "Nice to meet you ", he smiled ."Pleasure is mine", I smiled back. On average I smiled 50 times a day, 48 were fake and maybe 2 were genuine.

" Maybe, I could tease him a bit? Maybe I should just walk towards Gina, Francis, and Sonia, Maybe I should leave him to the mess he was in, at the moment. I own tonight ", I kept my thoughts to myself as a smirk took birth on my lips.

"You have control for tonight, how about tomorrow and day after that, and even after that ?", my inner me offended giving me positive advice and so finally concluded to help him.

Cody was brushing his hands through Mr. Reynolds hair, Mr. Reynolds looked embarrassed as much as a kid when her mother told him/her to say poetry in which he/she excel to their relatives. Mr. Reynolds eyed me, his expressions clearly meant help-me. He loosened his tie trying to shift but he failed again. Cody caught him, this time tightly.