Chapter 51 : With love, from James.

Amanda's Pov

I pinned the extra strands of my hair and completed my bun. Aaron aka Mr. Reynolds was helpful as he helped me wear the dress, but, I had to do the walking in the extra long gown all by myself. I kissed him a while back. I could yet feel his taste. It felt like, everything which felt broken, was glued with his touch, his kiss.

I loved him so much and I was ready to do anything which could guarantee his safety. I locked my phone and dumped it on my bed. Maybe, I shouldn't have hallucinated in front of him. It would've definitely given him a clue that something wrong was up, which I was hiding from him.

Well, something wrong was definitely up. I breathed in and out, in order to calm myself down but no breathing exercises could lead me to serenity. A single text from a specific person spoiled my mood for the party Aaron threw for me. The text read: Submit yourself to me, or surrender him to the Almighty. See you at 8:45 sharp near the main gate, don't dare discuss about it with anyone. Do as said, or else wait for the consequences.

I've made a mistake earlier and I can't do it all over again. Last time, I tried being smart and ended up being kidnapped. But, considering the fact that James was very dangerous, I couldn't just ignore his message. I just had to think about a witty way to get through this situation. I couldn't let Mr. Reynolds know any of it because he'd not just react but overreact.

After colouring my lips a shade of red, I highlighted my cheeks, lashed some mascara, wore my favourite heels, took possession of my clutch, and exited the room. The hallway was quite silent as there was no one but me. I turned around, because I felt someone was following me. I turned around, but to my discontent there was no one. An innumerable amount of negative questions raced in my mind, they all began with James and ended with him, too.

"Surprise", I gasped when I heard a whisper, I turned around that instinct to identify the person who scared the shit out of me. Somewhere, a part of me prayed and hoped for anyone who was other than James.

After recognizing that specific person, I punched him on his stomach "Damn, you scared me", Francis grinned like an idiot. I sighed as I punched him again.

"Easy", he stepped in closer "Calm down. What's wrong Ammie?" he questioned arching his brows. I couldn't think of a truthful answer because if I spilled the truth to him, there was a possibility that he'd speak about it with Aaron. Plus, James already warned me to keep it to myself, I couldn't say or talk about it, at least not openly.

"Fine, don't talk about it. I'll escort you", Francis wrapped his hand around my back and walked by my side. His company felt like an ointment to my wound. We took the elevator as it was really difficult for me to walk because of the length of the gown. I did quick breathing exercises to act normal.

When we exited the elevator, people cheered once again when they look at me. Some even applauded. I didn't know them. They kind of looked like paid audiences. I smiled looking at them, not anyone precisely in their eyes. Aaron marched towards me, propelled his hand, I locked his hands with mine firmly. Each word from James's text revolved around my mind.

I didn't know where we were heading to so I just matched steps with Mr. Reynolds. I mean Aaron. It's really difficult to give up on some habits. "I didn't get to compliment you", he whispered in my ears. His lips touched my earlobe. I looked at him, rolled my eyes, and replied "I know that I look different. Thank you"

He chuckled, maintained his touch over me, pulled me closer, and complimented "I meant beautiful this time". I blushed and distanced myself away from him. He smiled displaying his dimples on the either side of his cheek. I could drown in them and forget about every problem I faced. We finally halted after completing our walk. It felt like we were walking on the ramp, and we were the centre of attraction, well, considering the fact, that it was my party, we were. But, it always was weird to walk in front of too many people. Even in flat shoes, I'd roll on the floor. To my content, I had him by my side this time.