Chapter 27 : Losing control

Amanda's POV

"Hey Gina, I already submitted my application for leave to the principal. I'm planning to complete further studies through distance. I'll be there during exams and presentations. I'll pay you guys to visit whenever I have free time ", I tried to convince Gina as she stood silent on the other side of the phone.

"Don't you think you're making decisions way very quickly ?", she didn't seem much convinced though.

"I've thought about it for a long time. I've already changed my mind, please don't make this decision difficult for me now ", I paused as Gina didn't react "I thought I could adjust my college life with office life, but I guess I am failing. We can't travel in two boats at one time, right ?"

"If it's your decision then I respect it . ", she finally spoke.

"Love you, Gina, bye for now ", I pushed my chair inwards as I rested my chin on my table out of boredom. I didn't really have much work to do as Mr. Reynold's wasn't visible to me since the morning, he definitely was out somewhere.

I did peep several times in his cabin through the glass but the chair was vacant, I had this urge since the morning to look at him.

"Amanda, you're going crazy sweetheart. Stop fangirling over him so much ", my negative subconscious spoke up.

"Then what do I do ?', I questioned.

"Ignore him, do not confront him. You're losing your heart to someone who doesn't have it "

"Stop, shut up ", I pulled off my thoughts as I studied the piles of files that were on my table. I tried to divert my mind away from him so I decided to go hang out with either Sonia or Dan instead. I quickly stood up as I reached towards the accounting department where Sonia worked.

"You didn't give me details about yesterday bitch ", she shook vibrantly out of shock, her reflex wasn't used to sudden meets I guess.

"you have no idea ", she hugged me grinning.

"I want the idea . Tell me everything in bits and pieces ", I hugged her back excitedly.

"He asked for my number after the dance, we almost chat the whole night ", a blush escaped her lip. She looked happy, very happy.

"Could be made out from your dark circles ", I teased her.

"oh my God, do I have one? He asked me to have lunch with him in the canteen. Oh no Amanda", she looked so hesitant.

"I am kidding ", I laughed hysterically at her reactions. She hit me playfully on my hands whilst she sighed in peace. "I should keep going, wanted to check you out as I couldn't resist last night's gossip.", I pinched on level 7 of the elevator at once.

I maintained my tradition as I peeped in his cabin, he was seated. He looked straight in his laptop, I stood there bird watching. As his chin tilted, his eyes met mine. Oh no, did he actually notice me staring at him? This was one awkward situation from which I couldn't turn away. I stood there silently for a while and then knocked at the door.

He guided me in so I pushed the door as I made myself in. "Good afternoon, Mr. Reynolds ", he was stunned by my greeting as this was one of the rare days when I wished him. I am losing myself in front of him, what's wrong with me.

"You're okay, Miss Waters ?", he questioned me as he stopped doing his work. Maybe I should stop surprising him.

I went straight towards him, placed my hand around his neck as I rested my lips on his. Initially, I brushed my lips on his lips softly, but then I felt the urge to taste him so I bit his lower lip. He rested his hands on the back of my head as he lifted me up so I twirled my legs around his stomach as I gasped the moment we parted.