Chapter 50 : Big Bang Party

Aaron Reynold's Pov

"Why is the house so dark?" Amanda questioned as we entered our mansion's gate. I mean 'my' mansion, but I like the sound of 'our'. She took slow steps as darkness concealed my house, making it really difficult for us to see.

She looked at me, caught me by my arms and walked inside the door. The clock of my phone exactly showed 7 pm. So, I gave her support of my hands through her shoulders. We matched steps while we walked. When I opened the huge door which let us inside the mansion, we heard a huge applaud from the people present around.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Amanda, happy birthday to you", everyone present in the party sang in synchronization. To be honest, a person with a weak heart could never listen to such harsh singing. Their voices caused pain in my ears and were no less than a bee's sting.

Francis pop opened the Champagne's bottle. The cock was shot up. He raised the bottle and announced "To the birthday girl"

Amanda widened her eyes when she looked around. Okay, I did give Francis the responsibility but it felt like he invited the whole of his college. I also invited a few of my guests. It seemed like some wedding reception. Apart from the guest list, the decoration was ethereal. White orchids, white curtains and white lights surrounded the hallway of my mansion. The catering group was dressed pretty decently too.

"Surprise", I whispered slowly in her ears.

"Oh, My God", she was yet shocked, and as an instinct reaction, placed her hands on her mouth. She pulled me closer to her and hugged me tightly. No, this wasn't one of those intense hugs. It was one plain, simple, and a sweet hug. "I didn't expect this. Thank you", she rubbed my back and denied to pull apart. That moment, I wished to send back the crowd to their respected places but I had to keep a check on my emotions.

As soon as we heard indistinct chattering, she withdrew herself from me. Her friends came rushing towards her and hugged her one by one. Dan stood next to me.

"I should definitely get dressed up. I'll be back in a while", Amanda looked at her simple dress, and then at everyone's who were present in the party. I could figure that out through the twirling of her eye balls. She watched me one last time before she exited the hallway. I watched her go upstairs. She refused to take any of her girlfriends along with her. I threw my car keys towards Dan and ordered him to get the bags from the trunk.

Within minutes, he did as he was instructed to do. I took possession of the bags and traced her footsteps till her room. The door wasn't open, so I knocked it. She didn't open the door at the same time. I assumed that she was using the restroom so I stayed patient for the time being. "Hey, it's me", after knocking a several times, she unlocked the door.

I quickly dashed in and examined her. She was yet in the same dress. The only this which varied was her mood. She didn't seem as happy as she earlier was. What can possibly go wrong within a fraction of minutes? I didn't question anything but waited, waited for her to open up. But, apparently, she didn't. She planted her ass on the bed with a poker face.

"Hey... What's wrong?" I questioned as I sat next to her.

"Umm nothing, nothing really", she finally spoke up. But her words didn't console the curiosity burning in my soul. I knew she was hiding something, but I also couldn't force her to spill the beans. I had to wait and I was ready to.

She caught my wrists, pulled it closer and intertwined her fingers with mine. She didn't speak for the next few minutes. It felt like we switched positions. "Is there something you want to speak about?" I finally interrogated.