Chapter 55 : A beginning to an end.

Aaron's Pov

"I love you. Wake up", before, I was shy to say the three words, and she was eager to hear. Now, that I was saying it in a loop, she wasn't even conscious to hear. Her body was frozen, so I tried rubbing her hands, her arms, her cheeks, in order to generate some amount of heat. She didn't respond at all. Her eyes were closed and her serene face looked ethereal even in that position.

I placed my head on her heart, in order to hear her heartbeats. I took charge of her wrist to calculate her heart rate. Her heart rate was low, very low, approximately 60 beats per minute. I was enraged by James's act. I looked at him angrily. That moment, I rushed towards him and caught him by his collars and shoved him against the wall. "Ow", he instinctively screamed.

After punching him in his stomach, I tried strangling his neck with my hands. He tried pushing me away, but my anger and aggression proved out to be my strength. "Don't you dare", he finally succeeded in his attempt to push me away from him.

"I'll kill you with my bare hands. Bastard" I cursed as I stepped closer to him. I kicked him hard on his thighs so that he won't be allowed to walk any further. "Why did you did this with my girl? I'll show you the consequences now", I punched him on his nose which made it bleed. On finally gaining my sense back, I turned away, in Amanda's direction.

I removed my phone and tried calling for an ambulance but I was stopped. "All she has is 10 minutes", he grinned wiping the blood from his sleeve which traveled through his chin.

"What are you telling?" I questioned because I was confused. What did 10 minutes mean? If what he was saying was truth then I had to hurry. The thought itself broke my heart into pieces. A tear escaped my eyes, when I looked at her. I wanted to save her, even if it took replacing my life with hers. She deserved to live, to stay. I never realized how much I loved her until today. Love existed, it definitely did. She made me believe in it.

"I intoxicated her with a drug. A drug whose poison is so strong that within minutes it spreads within one's body, there's no medicine for that drug. And even if there is, the doctors will at least require an hour or two, to conclude the drug's actual name"

"So....? What do you actually intend to say. Stop beating around the bush", I cut him off. My Amanda had no time. I couldn't tea-talk with him.

"Just like a virus has an antivirus. I have a medicine for this deadly drug, and, it's right there", he pointed towards the table, which consisted of three glass bottles. Each had a different name. I sprinted towards the table and grabbed all the bottles in my hands and rushed towards the bed again. I was confused, and I had no clue that which bottle's consumption would make her alright. Each bottle looked alike, and the only thing which differed were the name tags.

I read the ingredients of each bottle but they were extra scientific and technical. "Don't even, brother. The more you see, the more you get confuse. Maybe you can try ini mini mino mo. Remember old times?" James started walking towards me "You can try any bottle on her. If it's the right bottle then she survives and if it isn't then her ticket to hell would be a bit sooner than" he looked at his wristwatch and continued "8 minutes"

"What do you want?" I straightforwardly questioned.

"Sign these papers and I'll guide you towards the right bottle", he gathered the papers from the bed's secret drawer and propelled them towards me. I grasped the papers from his hand along with the pen. I didn't have any time to read because the stake was high already.

I cornered my eyes and looked at him "How can I trust you? What if you don't provide me with the medicine even after inscription of my signature?" with James, I always had trust issues.