Chapter 23 : Back to office .

AMANDA'S POV

{{ A week later }}

I was alerted from sleep at 10 am because of the continuous beep from the alarm clock. I shut it down by pushing off the stop button. Yeah, after losing my phone I managed to take a new one at an affordable price. I ported the same number by lodging a complaint at the customer care, I'm glad it wasn't much of a procedure. 

"Hello, I'm sorry I lost all my contacts. May I know who's this ?", I picked up the phone which vibrated.

"Oh ! This is supposed to be the person you totally forgot about. How long will it take for you to recover, I've been through the same state as you but I joined the very second day after returning. I guess you really want me to cut down your salary ", anger could be felt in his words.

"Uh! Mr -- ", I paused for a while.

"Yeah! Mr. Reynolds ", he sounded angrier now "Oh that's me wow. Come straight to the point Miss Waters, do not think about an excuse in the meanwhile."

I punched my pillow out of anger and continued "I'll see you in a while---" I heard a beep, taking a quick view I realized that he already hung up. I frowned and saved his contact as 'Mr. Richie Rich' and hopped in the bathroom for a shower as it was the time to flush away the wrong happenings of the past and focus on the future.

I wore a brown shirt and paired it with beige skin-fit jeans. I twirled a scarf around my neck as it was very cold out. I pushed some raw sandwiches in my mouth before taking an exit. 

"What the fuck ", I yelled due to the immense pressure on my body by two torsos. On examining closely I couldn't control my grin as it was Gina and Francis. I hugged them back tightly.

"Woah, paying me a visit this early. Quite impressive ", I was being sarcastic no doubt.

"We inquired about you, your mother suggested us to stay away as she wanted you to have your lone time during rehab. Yet, I apologize ", Gina sounded low.

"Hey, I totally believe in you. Tell me what all I missed this week ", we walked towards Francis's car as he took over the driver seat.

"Cars are turning out to be scary for me now ", my mind escaped in a flashback and then fell back to normal. "Drive slowly and safely ", I advised Francis as I and Gina took the back seat. 

"tell me everything I missed ", I tried diverting my mind.

Gina's cheek reddened "I - um got official with Samuel ", a smile escaped her lips and she looked towards the window blushing. I coughed paving her out of her thoughts so she continued "he decided to let everyone know as we took another step already "

"Another step umm ", Francis mimicked making her embarrassed. I pinched him on his arm so that he'd stop teasing her.

"Was your first time pleasant ?", I was curious now, Gina focused on my questions nicely now. I could feel her happy like very very happy. They say your face glows when in love, now I know why. 

This was Gina's third love interest, not that I am judging her. I had proposals in the past too, some were very interested in me and I liked some of them too but I ruined every opportunity because of my stubbornness and ego. Now is the time when I don't believe it may be because of my last love interest. 'Stupid story', I pinched myself getting out of my dream world.

"It was kind of funny, he couldn't locate the c-c", she stammered.

"The clit ouch, I told you that I'm good at bed but you had to do it with him  ", his voice sounded like a dramatic neighbor.