Chapter Forty three

Allison's P.O.V.

She hugged me tightly. "I don't think I should be here. I.. I can't be here right now." I cried

"I waited for him to wake up & he forgets about me.. I don't blame him but.. I waited & he doesn't remember me.. He doesn't remember me" I chocked out.

She squeezed me tighter. "Maybe you should go home.. I'll talk to the doctor.. Just go home & lay down.. Get proper rest as much as you can & when you're ready.. When you're ready come back bby" she comforted. I nodded wiping my tears hugging her before pulling away walking back into his room. Knocking before entering I got approval so I opened the door.

"Lori, I'm going to go.." I whispered to her.

"This is so hard for me.." she nodded.

"Go on ahead. He'll be fine doll. Go ahead and head home. I'll keep you updated." I nodded as a single tear left my eye.

"B-bye Sam." I stuttered walking towards him. "Sammy." I corrected pecking his forhead. Squeezing my eyes close pulling away.

"Goodbye." he said sending me a warm smile. That tore me to pieces. He doesn't remember my name. He doesn't remember who I am. What I was to him. I nodded forcing a smile.

I grabbed my bag walking out of the room. As I walked out I began crying not as hard but it was clear that I was. Jack came to my side sitting me in a chair hugging me.

"What happened baby.?" he asked.

"He doesn't remember" I said. "I'm sorry babygirl." he whispered placing kisses on my head pulling me closer.

"Can we just leave. I don't really have no reason being here. It was obvious he didn't like my presence near him." I said he nodded wrapping an arm around me waist firmly interwinning our hands. Leaving the hospital.

Sammy's P.O.V

"Hi.. I'm your mom, My name is," she began I cut her off quickly.

"I know your name. Its Lori. I know I have a brother & sisters. I know who she is. The girl crying out there for me because I don't remember her. I know her. I'm in love with her. I've been in love with her. We were best friends."

My mom gasped. "Sammy.!" she scolded. I shook my head.

"If you truly love someone. You'll let them go. That's exactly what I did.I let her go. I'm letting her go." I said.

"Why would you put her through more pain Sam?!" my mom questioned she was disappointed.

"I don't want her in life. I'm in love with her.! Understand that! I don't want her to talk about a guy in amazement, or be afraid to speak to me about him. I don't want my heart to ache or to continue to break. I don't know her & I don't remember her. Please mom. You'll save me some pain." I begged she shook her head.

"Fine Sammy." she sighed

A knock at the door caused us to silence. She walked over to my mom whispering then walking over to me.

B-bye Sam." She stuttered walking towards me. "Sammy." she corrected pecking my forhead. Squeezing her eyes close pulling away. "Goodbye." I smiled. She sniffled wiping her nose. She walked to grab her her purse leaving the room. Closing the door halfway. I closed my eyes as tears slowly fell.

My mom hugged me. "I let her go." I whispered my voice gone.

"Sammy you remember.!" Cassidy said looking puzzled I nodded. "Please don't tell her I do. I want her to move on with her life. With that Gilisnky guy by her side." I said. "I can't do that." she whispered "Please" she looked at my mom who had her head between her hands. Shaking her head.

"Fine Wilkinson. But I don't support your childish bullshit. This is stupid.!" she exclaimed. "You avoid her then miss her. Then want to fake forget her!? You're really fucked up." she said "Then why are you here. Leave too" she shook her head groaning. "I'm here because I love you! You, you jerk!" she said grabbing her bag. "I need air." she scoffed grabbing her bag leaving quickly. My mom following her I was taken aback.

Allison's P.O.V.

"We're here babe" Jack whispered pulling me out of my thoughts. I cried the whole way home. My best friend. Is gone. The guy I knew did die. Now there's this new person who looks at me so puzzled on what my purpose in his life is. A guy that doesn't no my name. A guy who I probably won't ever be able to be close to again because this pain would be unbearable .

Sighing I unbuckled slowly. Lazily getting off the jeep. Walking to my door my eyes heavy and puffy. I opened my door tossing my purse & keys down on the coffee table by the door.

Slouching into my couch. Jack doing the same wrapping his arms around me. Pulling me closer to him. "It's okay baby." he said "We'll get through this." he added. "Let it all out baby" he pecked my temple repeatedly. I lazily wrapped my arm around him staring into nothing.

"I love you Jack"
"I love you too babygirl." he said Kissing my hand comforting me.