Yutaro Kindaichi || Turnip

This is... something I made. Enjoy the weirdness. 

"While you're out, please pick up some turnips from the grocery store! Love you!" You sighed as you read your mother's text aloud. 

Making your way through the fresh produce aisle of your local store. The purple color of turnips caught your attention, so you reached for the biggest, cleanest one. 

When your hand touched it, a larger hand draped over your own. "Oh, sor-" You fixed your gaze upwards to see a boy who looked about your age with brown eyes. He seemed rather tall, and when you saw the masterpiece on his head, you couldn't help but stare. 

Kindaichi flinched. His face started burning up. He wasn't sure how to ask you to stop staring and he certainly wasn't used to females. "E-Excuse me?" 

He first heard muttering until you spoke in a loud tone the first thing that came to mind. "Turnip." 

His face only turned brighter at your comment. "H-Hey! You can't just randomly call someone a turnip!" 

"Oh sorry! It's just your hair is so cool. My name is (Full name). What's yours?" Breaking out of your trance, you introduced yourself. 

"My name is Kindaichi Yutaro." His brown eyes met your (eye color) ones for a moment until you smiled and winked at him. 

"I'll just call you Turnip-kun!"

Coming up next: Boyfriend scenario! Your first date (First years).